Yet Another Powerset Suggestion: Assaulting Rifle, an AR buff/debuff set

It'd be great to do a bit of powerset recycling & combining to create a new rifle-based set so AR peeps can keep their rifles out all the time. For Defender primary, Corrupter and Controller secondary.

This uses the AR animations and maps them to the effects from other powersets.

Started with the original attack and animation and the new effect. Sure it might be repetitive reusing the animations, but you got that AR because you like shooting that AR, right?

Assaulting Rifle - You load your rifle with specialty rounds to debuff your enemies and assist your teammates

Burst -> Corrosive Rounds: You spray a target with toxic, corrosive rounds, reducing the damage they deal as well as their damage resistance. (Plants/Corrosive Enzymes effects, Ranged, Foe -Res(All), -DMG(All))

Slug -> Nanobot Blast: You shoot your teammate with a hypodermic slug full of nanobots that heal some of their wounds and give temporary resistance to further damage. (Cold/Frostwork effects, Ranged, Ally +Max Health, +Res(Toxic))

Buckshot -> Invigorating Blast: You blast your teammates with chemicals that boost their performance. (Thermal/Thaw effects, Ally +Res(Cold, Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Fear, Confusion, Slow))

M30 Grenade -> Acid Grenade: This grenade explodes in a shower of acid on impact. This acid eats through armor, causing damage over time. It reduces the target's Defense as well as their Damage Resistance. (Trick Arrow/Acid Arrow effects, Targeted AoE, Minor DoT(Toxic), Foe -DEF(All), -Res(All))

Beanbag -> Flashbang: You fire a flashbang grenade that blinds and stuns enemies and causes minor smashing damage. (OK I made this one up: combine Flash Arrow with an AoE disorient. This'll be lots of fun!)

Sniper Rifle ->     Freezing Snipe: You carefully fire a cryogenic round that reduces the target's core body temperature, dramatically weakening them. The target's Damage and Regeneration Rate are greatly reduced. Additionally, the affected target's secondary power effects are all weakened. The target's powers' effects like Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes, Knockbacks and more, are all weakened. (Cold/Benumb clone (Ranged, Foe -DMG, -End, -Regen, -Special))

Flamethrower -> Rise Like a Phoenix You Guys: Spray your defeated teammates with fire until they get up and start fighting again! (Thermal/Power of the Phoenix effect in a targed AoE. Hope they died in a pile!)

Ignite -> Light 'em Up: Overwhelm a single foe with waves of exhausting heat. The initial effect will drain the target of some Endurance, but the heat is so overwhelming that the affected target will be weakened. His Damage output, Endurance Recovery and Hit Point Regeneration will all be reduced (Thermal/Heat Exhaustion effects, Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DoT(Fire))

Full Auto -> Friendly Fire: Nothing like shooting at your teammates to get the adrenalin going! But these are special shots of adrenalin rounds that boost their endurance recovery, regeneration, and resistance to slows. (Empathy/Adrenalin effects in AoE, Boost Ranged (Cone), Ally +End, +Regen, +Recharge, +Res(Slow))

Edited by ninja surprise
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, Healing Bullets. 

image.gif.5b8bf55833f8d10af866d27ce646285d.gif

image.gif.a796122610688b59bbefa0f127598b0b.gif

Edited by Aurora_Girl
  • Haha 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

9 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Ooh, Healing Bullets.

I'm still waiting on a Healing Arrow.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Some combination of traps and trick arrow does sound like a neat idea. I think I'd go for a healing grenade as opposed to healing syringe bullets though.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

No.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

Some combination of traps and trick arrow does sound like a neat idea. I think I'd go for a healing grenade as opposed to healing syringe bullets though.

That'd be cool. The trick is finding an existing power effect that matches what you want it to do, to combine with an existing AR attack.

2 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

That'd be cool. The trick is finding an existing power effect that matches what you want it to do, to combine with an existing AR attack.

The gaseous energy given off by Plant Control's 'Tree of Life' power might be a good fit.

• Thumbs Up 1