Traps vs Devices: Trip mine?

While I'll agree that Time Bomb is just flat-out awful, I would argue that Trip Mine is pretty much the MVP of the set.  Why even take Traps if you're not going to find a way to use Trip Mine?

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 1/12/2022 at 6:53 AM, roleki said:

While I'll agree that Time Bomb is just flat-out awful, I would argue that Trip Mine is pretty much the MVP of the set.  Why even take Traps if you're not going to find a way to use Trip Mine?

uhhh... you mean besides acid mortar, the forcefield generator, and poison trap? I find trip mine to be useless. Maybe I would take it on a controller? but on my corrupter I have better damage options that are faster.

1 hour ago, Communistpenguin said:

uhhh... you mean besides acid mortar, the forcefield generator, and poison trap? I find trip mine to be useless. Maybe I would take it on a controller? but on my corrupter I have better damage options that are faster.

Nah, I mean Trip Mine, the power that helps you maximize the number of spawns your PA can last through.  The power to debuff or mezz an enemy is insignificant next to the ability to pop behind them and explode them with a nuke.  Every 10s until they are dead.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

It is purely satisfying to surround a foe with Trip Mine while they are busy monologing.

Just when they get to the "And now, you die!" part, they blow the hell up!

I'm thinking particularly of some of the middle "Who Will Die??!!" missions.*

Spoiler

* It's Statesman. A nerfbat to the ancient Roman city of Testicles is too good for him!

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

7 hours ago, roleki said:

Nah, I mean Trip Mine, the power that helps you maximize the number of spawns your PA can last through.  The power to debuff or mezz an enemy is insignificant next to the ability to pop behind them and explode them with a nuke.  Every 10s until they are dead.

I just imagine Vader saying thus, because of the way you wrote it.

• Like 1

Trip Mine is a great power. I used it a lot soloing on the old servers. At least with what I had then, I could get somewhere between 12-15 placed before they started popping off, and I wasn't really using special enhancements at the time. I'm sure many players set up with better got more laid than I. I was able to pull EB's through that and sheer off an easy half of their hit points in one blow.

Edited by ChosenOfOndtland