JJDrakken's Random Builds

JJDrakken

Hello, I'm looking for a Sentinel build with Fire armor that has good DEF vs melee or range.  Not picky about the attack set, I can always tweak a bit.  I'm using MIDS  v3.4.7 and i'm in no rush.  Any suggestions would help.  Thanks much.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Krock said:

Hello, I'm looking for a Sentinel build with Fire armor that has good DEF vs melee or range.  Not picky about the attack set, I can always tweak a bit.  I'm using MIDS  v3.4.7 and i'm in no rush.  Any suggestions would help.  Thanks much.

Fire Armor is a Resist set...Your playing a Ranged Set. So many of the Recipes don't off S/L/M defense buffs.

9 hours ago, Jeff Krock said:

Yeah I know....but iv seen some near MAGIC builds here and there....was just hoping for a miracle kinda thing.

Also your Mid's is outdated.  Current is 3.6.6, to get that version. You need to scrub old Mid's off your system.  Then go DL new one, cuz they rebuilt it.

12 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

Fire Armor is a Resist set...Your playing a Ranged Set. So many of the Recipes don't off S/L/M defense buffs.

Actually there's two which are very handy for getting Ranged Def up on a ranged character at least.

Thunderstrike & Artillery. They're what I used to get a Water / Temp Blaster to the e/n/r softcap.

Here's a very quick and pretty dirty example for Water / Fire sent. Ingame (because Mids seems to underestimate def by ~ 1.6% for some reason I've found) this should be capped e/n and ranged Def. Numinas and Preemptive also give ranged Def so used them too. 

Not complete but should be a good base for experimenting. Not suggesting you go full bore like this, the Epics are way underslotted, but maybe go ~35% e/n/r and you're a small purple away from capping. 

Sentinel (Water Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd

Edited by Carnifax

8 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Actually there's two which are very handy for getting Ranged Def up on a ranged character at least.

Thunderstrike & Artillery. They're what I used to get a Water / Temp Blaster to the e/n/r softcap.

Here's a very quick and pretty dirty example for Water / Fire sent. Ingame (because Mids seems to underestimate def by ~ 1.6% for some reason I've found) this should be capped e/n and ranged Def. Numinas and Preemptive also give ranged Def so used them too. 

Not complete but should be a good base for experimenting. 

Sentinel (Water Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd 36.5 kB · 0 downloads

Never said it was not possible. I explained that he's asking for a very hard situation.  I've still been tooling around, I know what I am doing btw.

Just now, JJDrakken said:

Never said it was not possible. I explained that he's asking for a very hard situation.  I've still been tooling around, I know what I am doing btw.

No worries. Never said you didn't, just the Ranged Def requirement reminded me of the Water / Temp blaster I capped pretty cheaply a while back. 

Just now, Carnifax said:

No worries. Never said you didn't, just the Ranged Def requirement reminded me of the Water / Temp blaster I capped pretty cheaply a while back. 

You also have 0 KB protection options. Since FA has no KB protection, there a lot of factors that need to go into a build. I have to think of all options. Your slotting is odd. In places that don't make sense.

11 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

You also have 0 KB protection options. Since FA has no KB protection, there a lot of factors that need to go into a build. I have to think of all options. Your slotting is odd. In places that don't make sense.

Yup, I said this was a (very) rough scaffold to give Jeff an idea of the sets available, not a fully formed build. 

10 hours ago, Jeff Krock said:

Yeah I know....but iv seen some near MAGIC builds here and there....was just hoping for a miracle kinda thing.

11 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Yup, I said this was a (very) rough scaffold to give Jeff an idea of the sets available, not a fully formed build. 

So these 3, I think overall are as close as you requests. Without sacrificing to much of your Resist, protections, and output.

Sentinel (Radiation Blast - Fiery Aura).mbdSentinel (Water Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd

Sentinel (Psychic Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd

Also sorry if I seem grumpy. Lack of food tends to fuck with my brain and make me Hangry.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

21 hours ago, ocman6220 said:

Claws/Bio Scrapper  I might have missed it but it isn't on spreadsheet.

Energy/Rad Brute (I may have missed this too)

Seems you keep picking every build NOT on there. I'm fairly certain since that's not maintained. I've done those builds before(including others) Past that point.

Sentinel (Radiation Blast - Electric Armor).mbdSentinel (Radiation Blast - Dark Armor).mbdScrapper (Dual Blades - Super Reflexes).mbdScrapper (Claws - Bio Armor).mbdPersonel Sentinel (Dark Blast - Fiery Aura).mbdPersonal Dominator (Darkness Control - Fiery Assault).mbdBrute (Energy Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd

I checked the spreadsheet, and did a search through the topic. If you get a chance could you put together a Scrapper - Dual Blades / Bio Armor that has Fly somewhere in there, just because it is my preferred Travel for badging. Thanks as always!

Sup.

Latest project is a BLAPPER - Psychic Blast/Ninja Training.  

Travel Power - Infiltration (LotG mule), though could be Combat Jumping - don't want Super Jump (I'll just get a P2W Void Skiff).  Would love to fit in Combat Teleport to put me in the mix for Psi Wail.

Epic Pool - Mace Mastery (for Scorpion Shield)

No Psionic Darts, No Psionic Tornado (unless for mules). 

Generally I have been using Psi Lance to instigate and then move in with Psychic Wail, Lotus Drops, Scramble Minds and Golden Dragonfly.  I enjoy Blinding Powder for LOLZ with Contagion Contamination. 

Currently I have her built out with Defense - S/L 47.9, Energy 42.5, Melee 40.5, Ranged 33 and AoE 30.5 so you can see she's all over the place.

Need your help with better slotting to squeeze out a bit more Melee Def.

Thanks bud!

Gamma Blaster (Psychic Blast - Ninja Training).mbd

Edited by Gamma XIII

54 minutes ago, Gamma XIII said:

Sup.

Latest project is a BLAPPER - Psychic Blast/Ninja Training.  

Travel Power - Infiltration (LotG mule), though could be Combat Jumping - don't want Super Jump (I'll just get a P2W Void Skiff).  Would love to fit in Combat Teleport to put me in the mix for Psi Wail.

Epic Pool - Mace Mastery (for Scorpion Shield)

No Psionic Darts, No Psionic Tornado (unless for mules). 

Generally I have been using Psi Lance to instigate and then move in with Psychic Wail, Lotus Drops, Scramble Minds and Golden Dragonfly.  I enjoy Blinding Powder for LOLZ with Contagion Contamination. 

Currently I have her built out with Defense - S/L 47.9, Energy 42.5, Melee 40.5, Ranged 33 and AoE 30.5 so you can see she's all over the place.

Need your help with better slotting to squeeze out a bit more Melee Def.

Thanks bud!

Gamma Blaster (Psychic Blast - Ninja Training).mbd 41.13 kB · 0 downloads

Try this out, maybe it will be what you wan't it to be?

Specfied Blapper (Psychic Blast - Ninja Training).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Infinite Zen said:

I checked the spreadsheet, and did a search through the topic. If you get a chance could you put together a Scrapper - Dual Blades / Bio Armor that has Fly somewhere in there, just because it is my preferred Travel for badging. Thanks as always!

Just be aware, you took two of the most Slot Whore sets out there, also you gave me no idea what combos you wanted. so I just guessed.

Scrapper (Dual Blades - Bio Armor).mbd

21 minutes ago, gruunldfuulk said:

Not on the google docs nor could I find it with the search, but I just made a DB/Stone scrapper and it seems to be a hard to find build. 

As on Page 1.  Before I touch a DB anything. I need to know the Combos you want. Be aware more combos or types you want, the more slots heavy it becomes.

45 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

As on Page 1.  Before I touch a DB anything. I need to know the Combos you want. Be aware more combos or types you want, the more slots heavy it becomes.

Oh I guessed I was too busy looking at the big words on the OP. I honestly dont know what combos are good and what isn't so I didn't even think of asking. So far I have Nimble and Ablating, skipped Power for now. I would think I can also drop confront for a more solo leveling build. But after that I'm 100% clueless

44 minutes ago, gruunldfuulk said:

Oh I guessed I was too busy looking at the big words on the OP. I honestly dont know what combos are good and what isn't so I didn't even think of asking. So far I have Nimble and Ablating, skipped Power for now. I would think I can also drop confront for a more solo leveling build. But after that I'm 100% clueless

Try this: Combos are Sweep & Attack Vitals.

Scrapper (Dual Blades - Stone Armor).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello. I am looking for builds for the following powersets (I could not find them in the current .mbd format for Mids):

Controller - Illusion Control / Force Field

Mastermind - Necromancy / Force Field

Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, DesireeF said:

Hello. I am looking for builds for the following powersets (I could not find them in the current .mbd format for Mids):

Controller - Illusion Control / Force Field

Mastermind - Necromancy / Force Field

Thanks in advance!!

Newest Mid's still opens up mxd files. Not enough of those have changed in game. Both should work just fine.