Suggestion - maybe something to think about

Ukase

I've not made it a secret that I deal with PvP IOs in the market. While I do have a character that only does this, in the past few months, I've only checked in with the character a couple of times a week. I've actually been enjoying a Savage/Shield brute lately; it's been a bit of a distraction. 

But, like all good things, they come to an end. Each of my alts typically starts with zero, and I let them earn their own billion to use and/or hold as the mood strikes me. 

So, knowing my own character was idle in this area, I set out small, just going for the small kills...buying enhancements & recipes & salvage cheap, selling them to a vendor to get some start up inf. 

Buy a few level 41 resist recipes, converting, selling. Nothing 90% of you haven't done yourselves from time to time. Certainly not on a large scale. Just enough to get me a few million to get starting in the area that has served me well. 

While I haven't been getting the usual 8-10M I'm used to, I'm okay with it. But, when I slapped 30 of them in the AH, and they all sold instantly for 7k, I have to wonder who the rascal is that's buying them...and if my math is right, and I can somewhat trust the "bidding" and "For sale" numbers, they are simply reposting them. I can't definitively state it, but that's what it "feels" like. 

So, let's say that I'm not a savvy marketer, just someone who's trying to follow MY suggestions that I've made in this forum and others - you've just armed someone with all the influence they need to buy more and sell more in your efforts to try to keep the prices up to where they've been, instead of this downward trending price of 6-8M instead of 8-10M. 

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from anything - I'm just wondering if maybe this is a bad strategy on the part of this player buying and re-listing for higher (if that's indeed what's happening. Seems that way to me.) It may work in the short run, but I think it's gonna take you a while to unload these, cuz I'm fairly sure there's other players in this niche that are already wise to this tactic. 

And for those of you that aren't in this niche - suggest, if you're in the market, be patient. The lower bid prices will probably fill sooner than they otherwise would. 

18 hours ago, Andreah said:

I've noticed what looks like more "one-upping" going on recently, too. 

There's definitely an ebb and flow to the pricing of some recipes. At one point I found I was the one driving the price up, so I backed off and started to get things for cheaper.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

There's definitely an ebb and flow to the pricing of some recipes. At one point I found I was the one driving the price up, so I backed off and started to get things for cheaper.

Often what might superficially look like another marketeer trying to muscle in by "price+1" is just some ordinary player trying to get a few at a good price, and those can be waited out easily enough.

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

Often what might superficially look like another marketeer trying to muscle in by "price+1" is just some ordinary player trying to get a few at a good price, and those can be waited out easily enough.

This was more 500K level.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

That's the one good thing about the market. We are very, very rarely sure who's doing what. Someone might say it's them...but it might not be. I'm still inclined to believe there's a dozen or so folks that just farm and/or just market every spare moment they have. They just stockpile the inf. 

That's part of the reason I'd love to see a bank of sorts. I used to check in with the City Hall registrar often to see which group was "winning" the prestige war. And for the sake of nostalgia, this was a shot taken the day the servers shut down. (on Liberty) 

image.png.373945e1a9999924c34ad601c7457483.png