Best Very Rares for Masterminds

pblue

Which  Very Rare class (Purple) IOs provide the best bang for the buck for Masterminds.  I have a lot Masterminds but still limited resource. I collected a handful of Purple recepies along the way, but overall my resources are still limited.  I am thinking going for the Proc rather than trying to get full sets might be more efficient, or is that not the way to go?

Any particular Very Rare I should look out for or  particular Mastermind powers that really benefit from Very Rare enchancements?  The Soulbound Change for Build Up sounds worthwile, but I am not sure which pet benefit the most from it (possibly the Tier 1 because there are more of them?. I'm also against put a Very Rare Proc in a personal attack, I tend to use them on the less busy secondaries.

Try posting a build first, purples are good for specific reasons. Not that they are OP either, I know alot more useful procs that are more beneficial and way cheaper. 

Build, what are you looking for most? Damage, defense, recharge, hybrid...?

In your face or a ranged MM, there's alot of questions that need answered first. 

Hell, whats your primary and secondary?

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Without knowing the specifics (agree with @The_Warpactabove), the uniques are usually critical. Only 2 of which are AT specific (Command of Mastermind [+10/15 AOE defense] and Mark of Supremacy [+10/15 resistance]) along with the rares: Edict of the Master (+5 defense), Sovereign Right (+10 resistance), Call to Arms (+5 defense), and Expedient Reinforcement (+10 resistance).

See here generally. Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

This was more of a general fishing expedition "I collected have a bunch Very Rare recipes, is it worth using them and which character should I give them to?" sort of question.

As an aside, for a laugh a created an alternate build for one of my Masterminds (Necro/Sonic), six slotted brawl and loaded it with Proc including Hecatomb (as well got all the attacks from the Fighting pool).  This is not an entirely original idea; I'd head about this before but I'd never tried it. It was surprisingly good, especially when you consider its recharge speed and Mastermind endurance costs for personal attacks.

It depends on your build and what IOs you have collected. As I stated previously having a build would help us determine what type of build your trying to make, your playstyle, and what IOs you have.

That way we can then best recommend slotting and getting the most out of your IOs. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I don't disagree with any of the above, but I want to add this (for certain corner cases):

If you plan on being a MM that uses attacks to hurt enemies, the associated Purple %damage procs will significantly increase the amount of damage you do, because of the low base damage that MM attacks do,

• 1 month later

Just a quick bump here.

Most of the Purple recipes aren't going to give much value to a MM, due in part to the fact that the MM pets themselves don't benefit from Recharge in either their powers, or the power to actually summon them. Having said that, the global recharge you can get from Purple recipes are very valuable to benefit your secondary.

Something to consider though. MM pets do not benefit from any Set bonuses you have, so +dmg/+acc do not flow down to your pet powers, and the Purple recipes tend to have a lot of those boosts in them. The damage procs also only benefit the pets for powers that could actually slot the proc, for example, the Lich isn't going to trigger a damage proc on his Heal power, only on his attacks.