Make "Traps : Trip mine" work like in Devices

Wifibee

Hello !

Simple as that. I wish trip mine was more useable because the interrupts, be it the initial caused by inertia and the slightest damage, make it suuuuper tough to love. I, and i specify that this is a personal input, would personally wouldn't bother to pay the extra cooldown to use it, in the end, way more often that i actually can.

Quote from the 27th August 2019 :

Trip Mine:  Interrupt removed. Cast time is now 2.77 seconds. Recharge increased to 30 seconds.

The extra deluxe edition would be that also, when deployed, it is placed one single foot further away, but that's just the extra bonus that i would also see changed here.

Thank you.

Edited by Wifibee
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've never had a problem with being interrupted while placing Trip Mine. Devices' Trip Mine is a T7 power. Traps is a T8. They do the same damage, have the same END cost, have the same accuracy, have the same radius, and have the same duration. I would hope the T8 was better than the T7 in some way. In this case, 10s faster recharge. Though the T8 does have almost double the cast time and has an interrupt time that the T7 lacks... which is weird....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Just pushing this as well..
Posted this a while back as well on the forums as well.

Just makes no sense either.. 
It would be nice if a Dev could explain why it is different that we are not seeing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later

I would really love to understand why it was never implemented.. Not from a  I demand an answer point of view, but from just understanding a bit more behind the game mechanics..