New Control IO sets with +Damage components, please.

Greycat

So, while I was browsing through the AH trying to decide what I wanted to slot in to my Seismic/Earth blaster, I took a peek at the stuns (for stalagmites.)

All the stun sets are pretty much just stun duration. Now, yes, the power can take ranged damage, but if I'm wanting to enhance both stun and damage, I need to frankenslot. Looking at holds and immobs (both of which are also on this character) reveal pretty much the same thing - if there's a damage increase, it's in the form of a proc, not a (say) damage/acc, hold/damage/acc, etc. IO.

While not a huge deal for this blaster (who is, after all, fairly loaded on damage,) I think it'd be nice to get a couple sets created for these control powers (and... looking a bit farther, in Fears, too) that had more of a damage component mixed in.  Same sort of setup, one lower level, one higher (30/35-50.) While it'd be a "nice to have" for some (and, granted, probably irrelevant in some powers... but that's why we have other sets,) I know some of my controllers especially would *love* to be able to boost damage and get a full set of set bonuses directly in the powers that need it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

So, while I was browsing through the AH trying to decide what I wanted to slot in to my Seismic/Earth blaster, I took a peek at the stuns (for stalagmites.)

All the stun sets are pretty much just stun duration. Now, yes, the power can take ranged damage, but if I'm wanting to enhance both stun and damage, I need to frankenslot. Looking at holds and immobs (both of which are also on this character) reveal pretty much the same thing - if there's a damage increase, it's in the form of a proc, not a (say) damage/acc, hold/damage/acc, etc. IO.

While not a huge deal for this blaster (who is, after all, fairly loaded on damage,) I think it'd be nice to get a couple sets created for these control powers (and... looking a bit farther, in Fears, too) that had more of a damage component mixed in.  Same sort of setup, one lower level, one higher (30/35-50.) While it'd be a "nice to have" for some (and, granted, probably irrelevant in some powers... but that's why we have other sets,) I know some of my controllers especially would *love* to be able to boost damage and get a full set of set bonuses directly in the powers that need it.

I'm half wondering if it isn't already in the pipeline with the new IO slow/dmg set from Ice Mistral being an example. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Meh, doing the same thing but I try to find an extra slot and slap an ACC/DMG range in there. Works wonders on a cheap stalker build, used the set with +3.5% lethal and the knockdown in 4 attacks, an ACC/DMG, and the touch of death negative proc. Stalker isn't great, like +1/6 or 1/8 at best, slows and -regen hit bio hard if the defense fails 🙁

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer