Removing -Fear in Storm Summoning Powers

blue4333

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

No and no.

I didn't know it was required that anyone had to explain themselves if they disagreed with something. 

But, I'll be friendly now that I have time to respond. 

The game is built upon a series of checks and balances, removing a component of said powers removes the balance of that power.

To put it simply people aren't just going to stand there while a tornado is racing towards them or stand in a lightning storm.

No they are going to run, hence the fear component. Mind you it doesn't affect every enemy.

That being said typically I put Storm with a controller set to lock enemies in place and then unleash hell on them. Hence no running away.

The game is easy enough, the continued wishing for things to be easier is an annoyance. Build your toon to take these things into consideration, instead of nerfing something. Hence the thumbs down.

Response greatly appreciated. Normally, the OP doesn't read like a huge question to me, so a reaction without followup explanation makes sense to me. It is a response to a set idea, and an explanation for a response would be either rooted in a feeling or a view on current mechanics. This one read like a question rather than a suggestion to me, so the reaction without explanation left me baffled.  Sorry for the imposition.

17 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Response greatly appreciated. Normally, the OP doesn't read like a huge question to me, so a reaction without followup explanation makes sense to me. It is a response to a set idea, and an explanation for a response would be either rooted in a feeling or a view on current mechanics. This one read like a question rather than a suggestion to me, so the reaction without explanation left me baffled.  Sorry for the imposition.

No worries, I got in a dilemma this am and had to move fast. The outcome was not good and alot of fallout followed. That being said it postponed my response and left me in a mood.

Cheers

• Sad 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

13 hours ago, Menelruin said:

Do you feel Storm Summoning is on par with other support sets overall?  Or are you just opposed to any positive change to sets, due to the game being "easy enough" already? 

I have played a storm defender since about a month after the game went live. Storm is fine as a set. 

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think Storm Summoning is one of the rare sets that were created for Issue 1 and haven't needed any(?) changes since then because it has worked so well. I am adamantly against any changes to the set either on Corruptor or Defender. I haven't tried it on other ATs, so I don't have an opinion for those.

There have been a few minor tweaks to storm IIRC. For example, there was a short period of time where people slotted freezing rain for damage, and it was apparently OP enough to get nerfed. They also nerfed the amount of repel Hurricane does. O2 boost was given resistance to stun I think, and I think steamy mist was given resistance to confuse? I wanna say there were a few other small tweaks, but I cant recall.

• Like 1