The End of DST?

WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Don't hold your breath.

Personally, I don't really care which one, just pick one. 🍻

We voted to stick to one in 2018 here in CA - still changing clocks twice a year like everyone else ~4 years later.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

We voted to stick to one in 2018 here in CA - still changing clocks twice a year like everyone else ~4 years later.

The law says a state can choose not to go to DST but cannot choose to be on permanent DST.  Allowing that requires a law being passed.

All I know is my beta testing brain knows how much "fun" this'll be for the tech world and TBH I really wouldn't mind being one of those drones like I was for Y2K. 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Interesting set of maps on the topic:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-19/maps-show-where-daylight-saving-leaves-cities-dark

Turns out that the bill passed the Senate on a "No One Objected so it Passes without a Vote" rule.  Also turns out that many Senators had no idea it was on the table and thus weren't even present to object.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paulmcleod/daylight-saving-time-senate

Hilarious.

Yeah, definitely not holding my breath on this becoming a thing next year.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Turns out that the bill passed the Senate on a "No One Objected so it Passes without a Vote" rule.  Also turns out that many Senators had no idea it was on the table and thus weren't even present to object.

Gloriously hilarious indeed!

I read something that talked about how the actual days have changed so much over time that we're really already at the peak times it should be, but my thoughts are more on the tech aspect.

4 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Interesting set of maps on the topic:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-19/maps-show-where-daylight-saving-leaves-cities-dark

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paulmcleod/daylight-saving-time-senate

Hilarious.

Yeah, definitely not holding my breath on this becoming a thing next year.

Hey, as long as it passed.  I'm sick of it.  😁🤷‍♂️