Pickaxes for Dual Blades

Just a costume suggestion.  I built a Dual Blades character with the thought that we could use pickaxes in it, forgetting I'd only seen that on Scrapyarders.  So, I'm making do with axes at the moment, because I was just tickled by the character idea anyway.

I would have suggested this earlier, but got a little weirded out there wasn't a dedicated costume pieces thread.

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

*tries to picture a pick axe used in the dual blades set*

... ...

... ... ...

Uhm... how would you use an impaling weapon to perform the set's (highly unrealistic) slashing attacks? You can't perform the maneuvers in the set with an impaling weapon. Even the hook sword in the set can be used for slashing, and was actually. Every other weapon in the set is at least sword-like. The apocalyptic pruner may not be a slashing weapon, but it's design does lend itself to the animations.

Maybe suggest a similar set based on impaling weapons instead? One that focuses on impaling animations like the Scrapyarders use?

Okay, my bad.  I didn't realize that costume SUGGESTIONS would be in Art and Multimedia.  Kind of a weird place for it, but okay.

As for why the pickaxes...  Because it's just as unrealistic as most of the rest of the weapons used in the set.  Because the moves used in the powerset are just as ridiculous as the weapons.  Because it's an art asset that's already in the game.  Because I want to make a character using twin pickaxes instead of twin axes.

And in any case, the set has hook swords, which are also impaling weapons.  The set has elemental blades, but we don't have any elemental effects for Dual Blades.

• Like 1

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

Hook swords were actually slashing weapons with an entrapment feature. They were not used as impaling weapons. They could impale, which is why they were not normally used for sparring, but their primary purpose was slashing (the back of the sword) and catching/trapping (the hook).

The elemental blades are still blades. Sword-like objects that are presumably being used to slash. Yes, they don't have an elemental damage component, but they are still distinctly swords.

I wholly understand you want to dual wield pickaxes. I'm just saying, make it a new set with new animations suitable for impaling weapons like pickaxes. A new set with impaling animations would not only allow you to use pickaxes, . And because of the likely style of animations required for impaling weapons as opposed to slashing weapons, that it would open it up the possibility of dual-wielded axes, mauls, and other weapons.

Edit: Changed "it" to "up", "that" to "it", and joined single statement back into single statement.

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, rolandgrey said:

Okay, my bad.  I didn't realize that costume SUGGESTIONS would be in Art and Multimedia.  Kind of a weird place for it, but okay.

I agree lol strange location but it kind of makes sense in a far off way if you don't think about it too hard.

Except I don't want a whole new set.  I'm fine just using assets already available.  I'd be happy if the HC devs decided to make a new set, but folks around here get all toxic whenever someone tries to suggest they make something new.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actual sais? No, they aren't slashing weapons, correct. They can slash with the tip, but that is not how it is used and the tip isn't even cutting. It's tearing. (Edit: And even at that, it requires more speed and force to do so than any blade ever.)

Now, sais as shown in comics/cartoons? They have flattened blades with sharpened edges instead of the round prong an actual sai uses. They are basically daggers with sai-styled guards added. So with the comic/cartoon re-design? It works. (Though to be honest, the re-design was implemented later. Probably because people who knew what an actual sai is called the artists out for their ignorance.)

Edited by Rudra

Im down for some dual pickaxes.  Dual sledgehammers and baseball bats too.  Im not concerned at all about applying real world logic to a comic book superhero video game.  Let me dual wield some hellions,  i'd fight crime (or commit it) with a pair of fiery gang members as my melee weapons.

• Like 2