Where Are All the Poison Defenders?

00Troy00

On 3/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

I have a Poison/Ice Defender at 50+3, Toxic Flea, and a Plant/Poison Controller, Biotic Flea -- also 50+3.

I find that Poison pairs particularly well with Ice and Controllers as it has some strong holds that can stack with others.

The biggest problem poison has, IMO, is that [Venomous Gas] is the premier power of the set but it's quickly detoggled if you get mezzed.  That's why I also like using [Rune of Protection], [Indomitable Will], and [Clarion Radial Epiphany] to keep those mezzes from happening.

While I wouldn't mind a buff (can I have Traps version of Poison Trap?  Pleeeeeease?) I think it's a fine set that is underrated.

I have an Ice/Poison/Earth Controller and I second the synergies mentioned. One niche about Poison is that only 3 of the powers are "essential" in the meta. Oftentimes a Poison build can get away with only choosing 3-4 powers from the secondary and still bringing exactly what a Poison brings to the table.. debuffs. This opens up more power choices from your primary, pool and mastery powers. Still a bit underwhelming but the single target debuffs are quite good in regards to increasing raw damage numbers. Combined with other debuffs from various sources the numbers can increase exponentially. I was on a +4 ITF once with a stellar team, one being a Poison. I hit Romulus at +4 with a Total Focus + Energy Transfer combo for at least 9k damage. 

A quirky little trick you can do on Poison Defenders specifically is put 2 absorb procs in Poison Trap. They both stack and can be quite chunky if you have good HP bonuses, helps make you a bit tankier, especially in PvP.

Edited by Camel

On Live I started a Thugs/Poison MM. Spent Wasted too much time healing pets. Never got far. Deleted her.

Now on HC and only because of reading @Frosticus' Poison guide I made three Poison Defenders.

*a bit lengthy but worth the read. And this was written before they changed Rune.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

• 3 weeks later

@Midnight .... She plays a mean poison/earth defender.  
Thanks to her part in the team, we did a 5 man challenge, no deaths, no inspirations, and... IMPORTANT -- NO KINETICS ...  ITF , 54x8 challenge. 

Did that in 21 minutes.   I love the mass AoE resistances debuffs of poison and the damage debuffs as well. 

One Elec Affinity and one Poison Defender