Stuttering?

Clave Dark 5

Never had this happen before: now when I play, I intermittently can't move very quickly.  You know how if you just quickly tap one of your WASD keys your character kind of twitches in that direction?  Imagine tapping quicker than humanly possible, but you're actually holding down the key, trying to run that direction, but only moving each tap very little, you're barely stuttering in the given direction now, bup-bup-bup-bup-bup. 

I can't jump because of this, can't fly either.   Sometimes it clears up a few second,s only to come back.  I'm usually spending more time NOT moving than moving normally.

Tried zoning, tried restarting computer.  No setting graphically or of any other sort have been changed or updated.  My keyboard seems to do just fine typing, as I am doing now.

ETA: To be clear, it's not the world that's doing this stuttering, it's not rubber-banding.  It's me that's stuttering.  Seems I can use my attacks just fine though.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

So attacks do not have any stuttering or latency issues, but moving around does?

Have you tried to reinstall your graphics drivers yet? It almost seems like it's dealing with a bottleneck on rendering, but without any FPS counter or logs it's hard to discern.

Try resetting your keybinds maybe? The thought is that they've become corrupt and you're not pressing what you think you are the way you physically are.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Derp, I forgot about this post I made. 

I dunno what was going on, but it only lasted that one day.  Yeah, it was just on movement, not power activation. But it's been smooth as silk since. 

I don't run with any key binds, unless the usual WASD count as well. 

All that said, I do wonder what caused it and why I haven't seen it again since.  And sort of paranoid that after posting this it will return.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

could still have been internet connection, but more upload then download wise... moving around needs more stable then just 1 power press of power activation.

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Yeah, that's possible, sometimes my connection has been a bit dodgy.  But still the first time ever I saw this.

Go have fun!