Solo storm summoner

FenrisWolf44

I had a storm summoner defender back on live just before closure, I remember I was really enjoying it, but never got to finish her. I only really have time to solo now, so I figure a mastermind would serve me better, as I can jump on and off at leisure. I was wondering if any fellow masterminds here have experience with the set on an MM. How is it? Is endurance an issue solo? What primary would it go best with? Is it hard to keep pets alive?

Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by FenrisWolf44

I have a Necro/Storm which I really enojoy and Beast/Storm which never really clicked, not sure why. I guess what really sold me on Necro/Storm was this idea of knocking mobs down and letting zombies pile on to feed. Also zombies are better behaved, they don't run off as much.

That said, on paper I think Storm would probably work best with ranged pet like Robots or Mercs.  Robots in my view might have the best synergy given that the bots help will the Defence gap. Not really strong thematically, but it should be really effective even with a fairly casual build.  I personally enjoy playing Mercs, but their limitations are well documented.

Solo Storm works well.  Basically you are constantly knocking back/down mobs so that they never even get a chance to shoot back. That is until you meet that mob that resist knock back and then you're toast.

Endurance should be OK as long as you use Hurricane tactically ( you can use Gale which is pretty amazing power) and don't go nut with recharge. Of some may argue the whole point of getting Storm is to go nut with recharge and really pile on the damage.

Edited by pblue
  • Like 1

I have a Bots/Storm, Necro/Storm, Thugs/Storm and Demon/Storm, all fully T4’d incarnates.

Of them all, Thugs/Storm is highest DPS (thanks to double Gang War up often) but Demon/Storm is likely easiest to play.  Super high +Recharge is key to playing /Storm and you -always- need to play /Storm offensively.  Skip snowstorm and hurricane……useless unless you want to waste time and END.  

And yes….Endurance is a serious issue.  Manageable via combat amplifiers, recovery serum and base empowerment recovery buffs.  Ageless fixes all this but Endurance management is a mini-game by itself until then.  

Happy to share my builds but they are also widely available via searching forums here.

Make no mistake….a well built /Storm MM makes you totally understand why the devs gave us such Endurance penalties for our primary attacks and limited our buff/debuff strength.  If not for those you’d never see players running anything else.  Some of the best pylon melt times in game come from /Storm Masterminds.

• Like 3

First off Storm is good on literally any AT. personally I find it really shines on corruptors, but MM's can definetely make good use of storm. Especially high recharge intensive mm builds like Thugs' Gangwar and Demon's Hell on Earth as you can get 3 lightning storms up, tornadoes, pop ganngwar, burnout, and then rinse and repeat. Chaos ensues in a great way.

On corruptors though, I would build either ice, fire, or water for Melee/Ranged Defense, perma drain soul from dark mastery, and dropping rains.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:55 PM, Crysis said:

I have a Bots/Storm, Necro/Storm, Thugs/Storm and Demon/Storm, all fully T4’d incarnates.

Of them all, Thugs/Storm is highest DPS (thanks to double Gang War up often) but Demon/Storm is likely easiest to play.  Super high +Recharge is key to playing /Storm and you -always- need to play /Storm offensively.  Skip snowstorm and hurricane……useless unless you want to waste time and END.  

And yes….Endurance is a serious issue.  Manageable via combat amplifiers, recovery serum and base empowerment recovery buffs.  Ageless fixes all this but Endurance management is a mini-game by itself until then.  

Happy to share my builds but they are also widely available via searching forums here.

Make no mistake….a well built /Storm MM makes you totally understand why the devs gave us such Endurance penalties for our primary attacks and limited our buff/debuff strength.  If not for those you’d never see players running anything else.  Some of the best pylon melt times in game come from /Storm Masterminds.

I would very much love to see your demon/storm build for Mids. 

I am learning how to play my ninja/storm especially using hurricane properly. I can use it in a corner when I am soloing but I am scared to use it in a group. Hurricane is firmly off because of the repel, not so much the knock back the repel is the issue here. It works if I can corner them but in a group by the time I explain what I am doing they won't invite that dumb storm MM again so I avoid it like a plague. Plus I have no confidence I can manage it well.