Adjustment/Tweak Suggestion: Reichsman's HP

Bay

Recently finished a MoKhan attempt. We failed, but that's because we went into it with only 5 and no support AT's. This isn't about the failure, since that was due to the poor Widow getting stunned and not being able to stumble back fast enough to avoid the ensuing AoE. This thought came about as we stood there beating on him for so long my brain began to wander and drift first to the concepts of the nature of the universe and, when those were finally finished, he popped his T9 and I began to contemplate the theory of run-on sentences and how many other times I'd run this fight on all manner of teams of various compositions ranging from the absolute Beast Mode Tryhard Train down to the 'yeah, it's been fun, but I'm calling it quits' because everyone ran out of Ground Rays. I searched the suggestion section to see if anyone else had brought this up and found only... This entertainment... That's taken from a different topic, but the plot of the post remains: Saga of Fighting M. Bison's Dollar Store Knock-off

So, backstory finished... Can we please get a balance/tweak/adjustment sweep of Reichsman's HP and/or Resistances? I know the Devs/GMs have said that they plan on giving a lot, if not all, of the SF/TF's the Aeon SF Difficulty Setting sweep. Maybe we can cut his HP and or Res by 25-50%? I'm not a math wizard so I have no idea what that would do to him overall, but his fight is not fun, on any team formation I've been on. He's boring. Ranged stay out of his Fist of Whatever attack, Tank pop Absorb/Inspirations just before it; one of his most 'challenging' aspects had just been negated. This isn't even a power creep 'complaint'. Even a team of 1 Bil Infamy builds still takes forever to kill him.

tl;dr- Nerf M. Bison's HP/Res and Regen while we're at it.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Bay said:

Recently finished a MoKhan attempt. We failed, but that's because we went into it with only 5 and no support AT's. This isn't about the failure, since that was due to the poor Widow getting stunned and not being able to stumble back fast enough to avoid the ensuing AoE. This thought came about as we stood there beating on him for so long my brain began to wander and drift first to the concepts of the nature of the universe and, when those were finally finished, he popped his T9 and I began to contemplate the theory of run-on sentences and how many other times I'd run this fight on all manner of teams of various compositions ranging from the absolute Beast Mode Tryhard Train down to the 'yeah, it's been fun, but I'm calling it quits' because everyone ran out of Ground Rays. I searched the suggestion section to see if anyone else had brought this up and found only... This entertainment... That's taken from a different topic, but the plot of the post remains: Saga of Fighting M. Bison's Dollar Store Knock-off

So, backstory finished... Can we please get a balance/tweak/adjustment sweep of Reichsman's HP and/or Resistances? I know the Devs/GMs have said that they plan on giving a lot, if not all, of the SF/TF's the Aeon SF Difficulty Setting sweep. Maybe we can cut his HP and or Res by 25-50%? I'm not a math wizard so I have no idea what that would do to him overall, but his fight is not fun, on any team formation I've been on. He's boring. Ranged stay out of his Fist of Whatever attack, Tank pop Absorb/Inspirations just before it; one of his most 'challenging' aspects had just been negated. This isn't even a power creep 'complaint'. Even a team of 1 Bil Infamy builds still takes forever to kill him.

tl;dr- Nerf M. Bison's HP/Res and Regen while we're at it.

I am empathetic to your struggle, but if anything your experience highlights the value of supporting teammates who can provide ample -res, -def, -regen, until even Reischman himself is just another stick in the mud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yeah we had a team of like 5 debuffer on him and he was down in like 5-6 minutes....

Im not against to lower his HP somewhat cause i was on enough TFs in which he is feeling like an unnecessary HP sack. But his Resist should stay as they are, hes an Incarnate nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

It seems almost nothing ever fails in this game. I haven’t been on a failed task force or trial in *months*. You failing one single TF run sounds like a refreshing glimmer of hope in an otherwise mind numbingly easy game. And this run would’ve probably been the same too if you had just brought one lousy second rate support toon.

Not seeing a need for a change here.

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 1

You don't say if you were running this at +0 or something higher, but MoKhan (which disables incarnate powers) with a team of 5 was an iffy proposition from the start. With no debuffers, I think you were doomed from the start. I've run non-master Khan with a team of 8 at +0 with no 50s (he scales down) and the fight with Reichsman can easily run 20-30 minutes if you don't have enough dps and/or debuffers. Yes it is boring. Yes he is a big sack of hit points. You should know that going in and form your team accordingly. Too many AVs in the game require no strategy whatsoever. There should be more that require something other than tank and spank.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

It seems almost nothing ever fails in this game. I haven’t been on a failed task force or trial in *months*. You failing one single TF run sounds like a refreshing glimmer of hope in an otherwise mind numbingly easy game. And this run would’ve probably been the same too if you had just brought one lousy second rate support toon.

Not seeing a need for a change here.

The single failure was simply an example and flavor; the most recent run only failed the 'Master of' part, but we ended up killing Reichsman... Eventually. His fight is anything but fun with the amount of HP you have to wade through, with or without debuffs, and it ends up being mind numbingly long. And therein is the issue. I'm not proposing the change because the fight is too easy and I want less effort put in, but because the only real challenge in fighting him is Endurance management.

2 hours ago, Uun said:

You don't say if you were running this at +0 or something higher, but MoKhan (which disables incarnate powers) with a team of 5 was an iffy proposition from the start. With no debuffers, I think you were doomed from the start. I've run non-master Khan with a team of 8 at +0 with no 50s (he scales down) and the fight with Reichsman can easily run 20-30 minutes if you don't have enough dps and/or debuffers. Yes it is boring. Yes he is a big sack of hit points. You should know that going in and form your team accordingly. Too many AVs in the game require no strategy whatsoever. There should be more that require something other than tank and spank.

It was set at +0 since it was a 'Master of' run. The only thing we failed was the 'Mo' part. We did kill him. After an excessive amount of time. And this is just the most recent runs. I've had full-and-balanced teams take the same amount of time. And I agree with your last statement, but this dude is nothing more than Extended Tank-and-Spank-and-Spank-and-Spank because his HP is unending.