DELETE Hasten, SLIGHTLY ALTER all enemies, SLIGHTY ALTER all player powers

Steampunkette

2 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

snip

If you're going to use Assault's endurance cost as a reason why it's okay for that to cause a little bit of power creep, what about Hasten's endurance crash?

You're going to be doing more damage to targets with your proposed recharge reduction, sure, but those targets will also have more HP. Right now we have the recharge but not the extra HP - there's no other way to look at this than a global nerf except to those who didn't take Hasten.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Just now, macskull said:

If you're going to use Assault's endurance cost as a reason why it's okay for that to cause a little bit of power creep, what about Hasten's endurance crash?

You're going to be doing more damage to targets with your proposed recharge reduction, sure, but those targets will also have more HP. Right now we have the recharge but not the extra HP - there's no other way to look at this than a global nerf except to those who didn't take Hasten.

Damage scales with End so using stronger powers more often uses more end. So hasten actually has a double cost, the extra end from using powers more often, and it's crash.

Assault however doesn't scale that way. It has a fixed cost but a constant boost effect that just increases as teams grow larger.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, macskull said:

EDIT: Mods, can we just lock this thread already? The fact that it's exploded up to 22 pages in only a few days should be enough to show that it's not something players want.

Best suggestion in this thread, aside from leaving Hasten alone.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

And hit him faster. Why do people keep separating the components of the suggestion without trying to understand how they work together?

You DO know how much health Reichsman has, right? He has around 200,000. If you buff that by 30%, it goes up to 260,000. It doesn't matter if your 130 damage Flares activates a dribble faster, you have made that fight ridiculously more gruelling. 

-edito-

Hell, that 60,000 alone eclipses what most Archvillains get. Activating your powers a whopping 13% faster is not going to make even the slightest difference against that monstrosity of a health pool.

Edited by AerialAssault

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I wish I could say I'm at a loss for words. But, I'm not. 

Why in the world would you take something that works just fine, and then, "fix it"? 

Leave well enough alone. So what if a zillion people take hasten. Let 'em. If you don't want it, don't take it. 

It would just be easier to say, "Let us take as many power pool choices as we want."  We'd see some odd characters, but nothing game breaking. 

This fantastic game, which kept our hearts even while it was closed for most of us - and all most of you want to do is change it. That makes no sense to me at all. Leave it alone. 

I get wanting different stories. I can almost wrap my head around wanting different costume options - although now there are more than I will ever try or even know about - but I will not, cannot understand why anyone wants to change things like powers and power pools, etc. 

Still I don't have to understand. Just glad I get to play - and that people will think of various things like this. I don't like this idea, but the next one might be brilliant. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

You DO know how much health Reichsman has, right? He has around 200,000. If you buff that by 30%, it goes up to 260,000. It doesn't matter if your 130 damage Flares activates a dribble faster, you have made that fight ridiculously more gruelling. 

-edito-

Hell, that 60,000 alone eclipses what most Archvillains get. Activating your powers a whopping 13% faster is not going to make even the slightest difference against that monstrosity of a health pool.

It's not just that. His regeneration goes up 30% as well.

• Sad 1

You do know that's a titanic strawman, right, @Demon Shell?

Minimally slotting recharge and using recharge set bonuses would still work. You'd just need to get the global recharge rate from IO Set Bonuses, Quickness, Accelerate Metabolism, etc.

You just wouldn't use Hasten to achieve it. And wouldn't -need- Hasten to do it 'cause the baseline cooldown would be reduced by 14%.

As to "Rebalance the whole game"... I kinda already did...? Like... I went through the math on power recharge rates from 2 seconds all the way up to 300 seconds+. I went over the NPC HP Values and baseline regeneration rates as well as damaging power availability by level range and archetype...

There are a few hedge cases that need finagling (Particularly regenning AVs and EBs as noted)... but the base idea is sound. It even works to keep high end recharge builds largely intact. The 14% reduction of cooldown on fairly short recharge (Relative to the 300 second recharge times...) powers (Like the high damaging powers used in optimal chains) still gain the benefit as if they had hasten. They might need to eke out a tiny bit more recharge to reach a plateau but...

Yeah.

Just now, TheAdjustor said:

It's not just that. His regeneration goes up 30% as well.

Day 1 of fighting Reichsman

Wow, we're finally here, the end boss! I've heard he's a bit tougher now, but our team leader says we got a 13% recharge increase! This'll be a breeze!

Day 6 of fighting Reichsman

It feels like years since we started fighting Reichsman, and yet it hasn't even been a week. We're approaching the 75% mark soon, the team leader says we should be there in a few days. They tell us not to worry, our attacks are hitting 13% faster. I don't even see the numbers any more. I don't know what health looks like ...

Day 18 of fighting Reichsman

Flares. Fire Blast. Blaze. Blazing Bolt. Inferno. Rinse. Repeat. Flares. Fire Blast. Blaze. Blazing Bolt. Inferno. It's all i know now. Those same powers, over and over and over again .. are they actually doing anything? Is this purgatory? I can only hear the words "thirteen percent" whispering to me like I was in a dream. If this is a dream .. then it is a nightmare.

Day 31 of fighting Reichsman

The Defender must have finally succumb to sleep, or died, because we failed to stop his Phase and Regeneration. He is now back at full health. Party morale has shattered. The team leader is trying to reassure us that the 13% will see us through. But all I see is Reichsman. Reichsman everywhere. He is too strong. He cannot be beat. It is folly .. surrender all hope ...

-Last known communication of Task Force Arnhem.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

5 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

Day 1 of fighting Reichsman

Wow, we're finally here, the end boss! I've heard he's a bit tougher now, but our team leader says we got a 13% recharge increase! This'll be a breeze!

Day 6 of fighting Reichsman

It feels like years since we started fighting Reichsman, and yet it hasn't even been a week. We're approaching the 75% mark soon, the team leader says we should be there in a few days. They tell us not to worry, our attacks are hitting 13% faster. I don't even see the numbers any more. I don't know what health looks like ...

Day 18 of fighting Reichsman

Flares. Fire Blast. Blaze. Blazing Bolt. Inferno. Rinse. Repeat. Flares. Fire Blast. Blaze. Blazing Bolt. Inferno. It's all i know now. Those same powers, over and over and over again .. are they actually doing anything? Is this purgatory? I can only hear the words "thirteen percent" whispering to me like I was in a dream. If this is a dream .. then it is a nightmare.

Day 31 of fighting Reichsman

The Defender must have finally succumb to sleep, or died, because we failed to stop his Phase and Regeneration. He is now back at full health. Party morale has shattered. The team leader is trying to reassure us that the 13% will see us through. But all I see is Reichsman. Reichsman everywhere. He is too strong. He cannot be beat. It is folly .. surrender all hope ...

-Last known communication of Task Force Arnhem.

This whole thread was worth it for this post alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

So you have nothing to actually -add- to the conversation, you'd just rather it not happen... 'kay.

Sure we do we have to add that trolls need to stop suggesting how other players should design their toons and just stfu and hasten should remain as is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, macskull said:

Those who did take Hasten, before, no longer have to deal with Hasten's Endurance Crash.

Assault's End cost to it's benefit is fairly balanced against other pool powers. People who took Hasten and lose it to gain the benefits of Hasten get to pick up Assault. People who had Assault and didn't get Hasten get the benefits of Hasten. 

31 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

-edito-

Fair point! And, as previously noted in reference to Valkyrie and other ATs who have Regeneration Powers, it would need a second pass. But this is another hedge case. Not the overall.

Edited by Steampunkette

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

(By the way, Combat Jumping is objectively superior to Hasten or any other pool power, and possibly any other power in the game, potentially by a factor of infinity. Those who know know. 😉 )

THANK YOU!! This is my favorite power in the game, and it's not even close. I can envision scenarios in which I maybe, possibly might skip Hasten. Hell, sometimes I don't take Hasten until late in a build. 

But Combat Jumping? Every build, as soon as possible. I don't remember taking it after level ten with one exception and that was a Dom that intentionally took Hover and Fly. I hated it.

Combat Jumping is the best thing ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ToZ said:

Hasten is overused, I don't think it being over used is a problem. I think its the lack of implementation of other mechanics giving players opportunities to choose builds around. They could implement a PPslot that increases activation speeds at the cost of recharge and have the player choose whether or not they want haste or latter. There could be PPslots that absurdly increase the accuracy no defense can evade at the cost of a damage reduction. These kinds of things interest me, in the principle I think we are all talking about; the meta. 

Haste being so powerful and popular isn't a bad thing, its a good thing, and more powers like hasten should implemented to give players choice. I'm just throwing that out there for you guys to digest.

The thing is the troll that started all this basically has admitted he is just trolling with his second idea. He was still offering the same level of buff. And was saying that he felt most players would be happy with a 20-25 percent native boost to recharge. Well the thing is that a player can already do that. Don't take hasten and just drop some IOs with recharge bonuses into your build. Hell you can prob pull in 20 percent recharge without even planning for it. So if that is all players wanted they could easily do it. 

He is a troll, he wants to start crap by telling people how he thinks our characters should be built. Noone has to take hasten if they don't want to. One of the rasons why it is so popular is likely nothing to do with wanting recharge but needing to at times fill in  a power choice with nothing available you really want to take. I run into this all the time. And yes even if I have not thought it was needed before that, I figure hasten what the hell it is only one power that needs little resources. Or I think Stealth, I can mule an IO into it. Or Combat Jumping, or Hover etc. 966k characters and they said only like 150k of them have hasten. I know that sounds like a slot but it is just around 15 percent of characters and when you think of how many power pools there are to pick from that is not really a strong factual basis for saying that everyone takes hasten. Yes it becomes more likely on level 50 build sbecause people have more power choices and are min.maxing but it means people don't feel the need to have it to level to 50, so I find it hard to buy into this too good to skip mentality. Players are obviously skipping it for large swaths of the game play. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

THANK YOU!! This is my favorite power in the game, and it's not even close. I can envision scenarios in which I maybe, possibly might skip Hasten. Hell, sometimes I don't take Hasten until late in a build. 

But Combat Jumping? Every build, as soon as possible. I don't remember taking it after level ten with one exception and that was a Dom that intentionally took Hover and Fly. I hated it.

Combat Jumping is the best thing ever.

Combat Jumping is often the pool power I would pick if I could drop Hasten.  *sob!*  😫

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Steampunkette said:

Citation of what is needed, Bossk?

That it's more powerful than it's contemporaries? Okay. Let's go power pool by power pool in alphabetical order: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Pools

Concealment:

Stealth: Increases defenses slightly and provides 35ft stealth increase. 

Grant Invisibility: Grants an ally slight defense increase and provides 45ft stealth increase.

Neither of these powers increase the relative power of your attack, control, or healing effects.

Fighting: 

Boxing: A minor attack that gains increased damage and chance to stun if you take other powers.

Kick: A minor attack that gains increased damage and chance to KB if you take other powers.

Neither of these powers increases the relative power of your attack, control, healing, buff, or debuff effects.

You can go pool by pool and none of the "One Dip" powers have the same far reaching affects as Hasten does. Not Flight. Not Leadership. Not Leaping. None of them.

As to 'appealing against popularity/frequency' that's not a fallacy. That's a datapoint in the 'It is largely viewed as mandatory for builds, demonstrated by how many people take it at 50.'

Pile stealth with SS and you are essentially invisible. That is a pretty neat over powered trick. Boxing has a stun effect. OMG if I took boxing and used it with bonecrusher or total focus or another stun power I would not even need to wait for my stunning power to recharge to be able to stun a boss. That is even better then hasten giving me a recharge bonus. Assault grants 10?or 15? percent damage boost to all team members, hell the other team members don't even need to have taken that power and get the benefit of it. OMG that is totally over powered at least every character has to take hasten to get the benefit. 

Teleport friend allows you to skip past content with your team and jump to the end of a mission, nerf it!!!! Hover allows me to slot my blaster to only have to avoid Ranged attacks to make him uber, NERF IT! 

How about this. You play and design your own characters how you want, and I will do the same to mine. If  you don't like hasten because you think it cheapens the game, then you don't take it. Problem solved. If you think you would be happy with just 20 percent or so boost to recharge I will send you a list of IO sets that can give that to you. Problem solved. Then you can stop being a troll and looking at telling me how my characters should be built to your approval. 

• Retired Game Master
20 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Sure we do we have to add that trolls need to stop suggesting how other players should design their toons and just stfu and hasten should remain as is.

If you don't like a suggestion, ignore it and move on.  There's no reason to insinuate that someone is being insincere or trying to force you to do something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, William Valence said:

Trying to parse out the third suggestion in my head, but I'm confused on two things.

1. Why 13% recharge modification and 30% health modification?
  2. What's the current TTD for the average player?

14%, not 13. Also the 30% is at highest level.

So. Hasten at Autohasten levels provides a constant 70% bonus to Recharge Rate, globally. By itself, on any given power, that's a Recharge Time reduction of about 35% of the power's overall cooldown duration. This is because every 100% recharge rate you apply to a power drops it's Cooldown in Half from the Current. So if you have a power with a cooldown of 60 seconds and 100% Recharge rate (including any slotted Enhancements) the cooldown becomes 30 seconds. If you get another 100% Recharge Rate (Say, 70% from Hasten and a further 30% from Accelerate Metabolism) the cooldown becomes 15 seconds, half of 30, not 0. 

So assuming you put in any Global Recharge And/Or Slot the power, Hasten's -actual- benefit can be anywhere from 35% of the power's cooldown length to 8% of the power's overall cooldown length. That is to say the first 100% reduces the original cooldown by 50% and the second 100% reduces it by only 25% of the original cooldown. 

I workshopped different values from as low as 8% to as high as 20% through a loooot of calculations on powers at different levels of recharge and found 14% through process of elimination. (For what it's worth I put in 8% first and found it way too small, then 20% and it was too big but not by, like, a -ton-? So I dropped to 18% and then 14%!)

As to the 30% health increase: Workshopped. I took a look at low level encounters, first, and plugged in some Real Numbers to determine how much of an -actual- increase the Recharge Rate Buff was. I found that the times were similar but that a miss or two skewed results high for the 14% reduced cooldown design, so I skewed health up by 9%, then looked at how many attack powers a player had access to at increasing levels and the Damage Magnitudes of those powers. Averaged them out and increased HP by the stated value, up to the maximum of 30% to offset a full attack chain coming out SO slotted and 14$ lower base cooldown.

As to TTD it varies based on level, but the simplest expression is 11 Mag 1 attacks, modified by AT HP Modifier and NPC Rank. I.E. a Lieutenant NPC firing a Mag 1 attack has a bit of a damage bonus more than a Minion firing a similar attack. Part of the conning system. 

Edited by Steampunkette

1 hour ago, QuiJon said:

The thing is the troll that started all this basically has admitted he is just trolling with his second idea. He was still offering the same level of buff. And was saying that he felt most players would be happy with a 20-25 percent native boost to recharge. Well the thing is that a player can already do that. Don't take hasten and just drop some IOs with recharge bonuses into your build. Hell you can prob pull in 20 percent recharge without even planning for it. So if that is all players wanted they could easily do it. 

He is a troll, he wants to start crap by telling people how he thinks our characters should be built. Noone has to take hasten if they don't want to. One of the rasons why it is so popular is likely nothing to do with wanting recharge but needing to at times fill in  a power choice with nothing available you really want to take. I run into this all the time. And yes even if I have not thought it was needed before that, I figure hasten what the hell it is only one power that needs little resources. Or I think Stealth, I can mule an IO into it. Or Combat Jumping, or Hover etc. 966k characters and they said only like 150k of them have hasten. I know that sounds like a slot but it is just around 15 percent of characters and when you think of how many power pools there are to pick from that is not really a strong factual basis for saying that everyone takes hasten. Yes it becomes more likely on level 50 build sbecause people have more power choices and are min.maxing but it means people don't feel the need to have it to level to 50, so I find it hard to buy into this too good to skip mentality. Players are obviously skipping it for large swaths of the game play. 

At the risk of drawing the ire of this particular angry mob, I'm actually responsible for inspiring this madness.  I suggested that we simply tack on an additional +10% to 20% recharge to Swift in the Fitness inherent pool, so that I could drop Hasten from some of my builds (to take Combat Jumping or Stealth, instead, honestly).  But @Steampunkette (and others) thought this was giving away too much for nothing, until it was pointed out how popular Hasten was.  This changed @Steampunkette's mind enough to inspire this thread, albeit with a radically different approach (delete Hasten) that didn't "give away" 10-20% more recharge at no cost.

This not wanting to give in to "power creep" is the hill upon which @Steampunkette is dying.  Rather than just saying, "meh, I think giving everyone 10-20% more recharge is too much", they charged into "let's re-think Hasten and recharge entirely for everyone", and won't let it go.  This whole pointless exercise for 23 (!) pages (so far) was born from resistance to giving everyone a little more free candy.  As I pointed out in this and other threads, "power creep" -- in and of itself -- is a terrible justification for saying "no" in an MMO whose entire history has been about "power creep".  From Issue 1 to the present, "power creep" has been the driving force of all changes -- both good and bad -- in City of Heroes.  And giving everyone 10-20% more recharge, while not ideal, is probably the easiest thing to do without upsetting too many other apple carts.  If that's too much, fine, just say "/jranger" and drive on.

Most of my builds already have around +100% recharge without Hasten, by using IO set bonuses and 5 LotG +Recharge procs.  Some of my builds also include Hasten, which adds another 70%.  But about 50% of that is useless to me, because of diminishing returns.  However, having an additional 10-20% would be quite useful to me, allowing me to drop Hasten altogether in those builds.  I'd gladly sacrifice 50% (useless) recharge for another few percent defense, or status protection, or a utility power.  Again, full disclosure: I just want more free candy.  I'm not claiming to offer any great improvement to overall "game balance" or the future of game play.  Take that for what it's worth (which is probably less than a fart in a whirlwind).

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

@QuiJon I have no idea who the person you are referring to being a troll. But I've read enough posts to get a glimpse of people throwing out ideas, and some are great some not. By me stating that hasten is overused wasn't a quote otherwise I would of quoted.

IMO, hasten is over used compared to other utilities in PP. All I was suggesting was multiple PP like hasten that do various things for different builds. Seeing how every idea anyone ever posts is "you cant its hardcoded in the game, too much work" I find humorous cause it limits the potential evolution of a game.

Id kill to have a PP slot that does something cool like on the top of my head; "final stand", character deals XX% amount of increased damage while under XX% life" having options like that inspired by hasten because its one of the very few PPp's that has huge benefits for any kind of build.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

She. Not He.

I figured the name would give it away... Or the -last- time someone called me "He" in this thread and I corrected them, but whatever.

No. I'm not 'Trolling'. I sincerely believe the things I'm writing, here. I think Hasten is bad for the game's overall health because it limits choices by standing out as too good for what it is, a pool power. The Pool Powers are meant to be fun and interesting, to change how you play or give you the ability to do some things you're not normally able to do. Like Tankerminds Taunting in Bodyguard mode or a Defender using Placate when the Tank drops so they can rez without being murdered by the AV the tank no longer has aggro on.

Or giving Controllers some melee attacks so they can actually put out some damage even if they're not Illusionists.

Hasten was meant to be part of the "Superspeed" style of gameplay. The person who hits faster than other people 'cause they're a speedster. But because of it's wide-ranging applications, how it improves -every- power that isn't a toggle or autopower, it's not really a thematic power, anymore. It's just a power everyone takes because it makes you better at everything.

So we should cut it. And replace it with something that -is- thematic.

But I also recognize that it's a part of a -lot- of people's playstyles. So the compromise is to make it a core baseline function of gameplay. We could turn it into an Autopower with slots and everything, sure. But it would be -super- boring and impossible to balance around because slotting exists and you can't change the visual FX of your autopowers so everyone would be stuck with glowing yellow hands. Or we can find a different way to implement it.

Like the 14% reduction to base cooldown before Recharge Rates are applied.

Edited by Steampunkette
  • Like 3

4/5=.8 -> 4/4.3 = .93 -> .13/.93=13.9% Hasten is responsible for this much of a change at saturation

120/5 = 24 ->120/4.3 = 27.9 -> 3.096/27.9 = 14% Hasten is responsible for this much of a change at saturation

.7 / 5 = 14% Hasten will at saturation be responsible for 14% of the recharge modification within rounding error.

For long recharge powers that will only benefit from hasten some of it's time:

1000 rech with 95% slotted and Hasten with 95% recharge slotted. Hasten recharges in 187 and change seconds Recharge without hasten is 512

120s of 265% recharge means 318s are deducted from recharge in this time leaving 682s -> 67s of 195% recharge eats 130s for a remaining 552s -> 318s from the next 120s hasten run leaves 234s -> the next 67s of hasten downtime eat another 130s leaving 104s -> hasten will eat the last 104s in 39s

Total time 120 + 67 + 120 + 67 + 39 = 413s = 19% reduction due to hasten

At worst hasten will effect powers by 14%, and that's at recharge cap. Hasten's likely best influence is at 110% +rech global with no slotted recharge in the power which is 25% reduction from hasten itself.

As for the TTD, I'm not familiar with damage magnitude as a descriptor of damage, and I don't know what the attack rate for critters is off the top of my head. So I can't calculate the TTD from that.

1. How many seconds is that?
  2. Player mitigation and critter damage grows in proper ratio to maintain consistency in the TTD as the player levels or is there a chart with the player level and TTD at that level?
  3. Is there a big spread between ATs or power pool selections (IE manuvers or Fighting) that effect it in swingy ways?

It's interesting to actually dig into this power and see how much it actually reduces the recharge time of powers. We're messing with some very tight margins when messing with stuff like this.

42 minutes ago, ToZ said:

Id kill to have a PP slot that does something cool like on the top of my head; "final stand", character deals XX% amount of increased damage while under XX% life" having options like that inspired by hasten because its one of the very few PPp's that has huge benefits for any kind of build.

I don't have an opinion either way on your particular idea, but I would like to point out that Blasters used to perform that way and the players largely hated it. Granted AT design and power pool design are very different things, but I'm not sure how much support such an idea would receive. Not that it's bad, but the last implementation of it likely left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Now as far as @Steampunkette's most recent suggestion is concerned, I like that one the most. That doesn't mean I'm sold on it as it's fair to question how much impact it would ultimately have for what appears to be a good amount of work. Plus I haven't really dove into the numbers, but I trust her on the math. Of course I'd want to test such a thing on actual characters to see how it plays out in practice as unintended consequences are a thing. But I don't see a downside for me, and out of consistency it's only fair I consider that since it was my only objection previously. If it works out how Steampunkette believes it would, the end result likely wouldn't have much impact on me either way. So purely from my perspective it would look like change for change's sake. But if I'm not negatively impacted and it others benefit, sure why not?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, William Valence said:

4/5=.8 -> 4/4.3 = .93 -> .13/.93=13.9% Hasten is responsible for this much of a change at saturation

120/5 = 24 ->120/4.3 = 27.9 -> 3.096/27.9 = 14% Hasten is responsible for this much of a change at saturation

.7 / 5 = 14% Hasten will at saturation be responsible for 14% of the recharge modification within rounding error.

For long recharge powers that will only benefit from hasten some of it's time:

1000 rech with 95% slotted and Hasten with 95% recharge slotted. Hasten recharges in 187 and change seconds Recharge without hasten is 512

120s of 265% recharge means 318s are deducted from recharge in this time leaving 682s -> 67s of 195% recharge eats 130s for a remaining 552s -> 318s from the next 120s hasten run leaves 234s -> the next 67s of hasten downtime eat another 130s leaving 104s -> hasten will eat the last 104s in 39s

Total time 120 + 67 + 120 + 67 + 39 = 413s = 19% reduction due to hasten

At worst hasten will effect powers by 14%, and that's at recharge cap. Hasten's likely best influence is at 110% +rech global with no slotted recharge in the power which is 25% reduction from hasten itself.

As for the TTD, I'm not familiar with damage magnitude as a descriptor of damage, and I don't know what the attack rate for critters is off the top of my head. So I can't calculate the TTD from that.

1. How many seconds is that?
  2. Player mitigation and critter damage grows in proper ratio to maintain consistency in the TTD as the player levels or is there a chart with the player level and TTD at that level?
  3. Is there a big spread between ATs or power pool selections (IE manuvers or Fighting) that effect it in swingy ways?

It's interesting to actually dig into this power and see how much it actually reduces the recharge time of powers. We're messing with some very tight margins when messing with stuff like this.

Sorry! 12 Mag 1 attacks at 8.6 damage. 8.6 at level 1 is 1 Magnitude of damage. As you level up the damage increases per mag but so do your hit points in a nonlinear manner (Takes more Mags as you get up in level because HP grows on a slightly different line to allow for greater magnitude variety without insta-killing PCs, this is why Alphas tend to kill squishies instantly while more leisurely combat gives them more room to maneuver: All the enemies are throwing their higher mags at once)

8.6 damage hits you 11 times and you go from 100hp to 5.4HP, but you've probably had a Regen Tick or Two in there over the course of normal combat, so the 12th hit finishes you off.

It's important to note: You don't fight 1 enemy throwing Mag 1 attacks at you at level 1. You fight 3. And typically a Lieutenant throwing Mag 1.3 attacks. So unless you narrow out the field (Whether through controls or murder) you can rack up those 12 hits in as little as 15-20 seconds.

I approach these things from the following standpoints. 

Is problem the change is intended to address real, demonstrated, and urgent?

Does the fix do more harm than good?

Is there a simpler way to address the problem?

Im still stuck on the first two.  I'm always going to default towards not changing stuff.

• Like 1