Supergroup Base Ban

MHertz

Since SG raids are not on the horizon, is it possible to implement a SG base ban? I have noticed that there seem to be occasions where someone shows up and causes trouble, requiring GM intervention, and it might make things easier to let SG leaders control access themselves. A ban (cannot enter) and a boot-ban (kicked out, cannot re-enter) would be great.

Such a ban would have to override other permissions, like "team leader grants access" and coalition membership, but probably not override being in the SG itself.

Is this feasible?

• Thumbs Up 7

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:19 AM, MHertz said:

Since SG raids are not on the horizon, is it possible to implement a SG base ban? I have noticed that there seem to be occasions where someone shows up and causes trouble, requiring GM intervention, and it might make things easier to let SG leaders control access themselves. A ban (cannot enter) and a boot-ban (kicked out, cannot re-enter) would be great.

Such a ban would have to override other permissions, like "team leader grants access" and coalition membership, but probably not override being in the SG itself.

Is this feasible?

On behalf of all SG leaders, past and present: YES! 

I second this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

I been using LFG and various other forms of travel since day1, so this is a legit question.

What in the ever loving fuck can happen in a base that requires GM intervention?  Did someone show up as a wolf to a catgirl party?  Is someone using the panhandling emote near some storage racks?  Someone using portals without thanking the owner?

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I been using LFG and various other forms of travel since day1, so this is a legit question.

What in the ever loving fuck can happen in a base that requires GM intervention?  Did someone show up as a wolf to a catgirl party?  Is someone using the panhandling emote near some storage racks?  Someone using portals without thanking the owner?

they can steal from the base

I guess they could also hang around, refuse to leave and make a nuisance of themselves.

Im sure there are other things not related to your ridiculous scenarios.

Edited by Ghost

29 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If they are not a member with storage access permissions, what can they steal?  If they are a member, it is very easy to remedy.

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I guess they could also hang around, refuse to leave and make a nuisance of themselves.

Changing the base passcode solves this.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Im sure there are other things not related to your ridiculous scenarios.

That's called /kick

Set member ranks

Set member access privileges

It's called trust and been abused since dawn of time, it's not exactly a game mechanic and easy to control.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• Lead Game Master

This sort of thing has been suggested before, and afaik, it's on the Devs' radar. I don't know if/when it would actually be implemented, though.

In the meantime, your best bet in this situation is to inform a troublesome player, out-of-character, to leave you alone, and that they are not welcome in your base. If they continue to bother you, then they are breaking the code of conduct, and THAT is actionable.

Too many times people just ignore someone who's bothering them, then send in a ticket without confronting the other person. We can't do anything if the person isn't breaking any rules. But, once they've broken the "leave people alone when asked" rule? Then we can help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!