psi/shield scrap or tank?

WitchofDread

There can be many argument both ways damage, target cap, survivability.  But IMO what would sway me would be to build a scrapper out (test server) with AT set and see if I can get in a attack and AOE in the 3 sec crit window given by the enhancement. If a good rotation cant be made go Tank. If a good rotation can be made go scrapper.  

PS Factor in recharge some rotation can only be made with high recharge but then don't sacrifice damage the build seesaw 

Edited by Ironscarlet

It's not necessarily better on either. If you want to get the most dps out of it, it's better on scrappers. If you want to be sturdier and have more threat it's better in tankers.

People really need to stop with the thi king that powers are only good on 1 archetype because some nerd decided that its marginally better on 1 at over the others.

There are very few power sets that change enough between ATs to make them clearly better one 1 AT vs another, and even then that usually doesnt mean they are bad on those other ATs. Just that they are overtuned on the other ATs.

In most cases it's not "is it better on..?" the question is "what do I want to do with this character?"

And also.. who gives a crap what the nerds say play any powerset on any AT you want, and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scrapper does more damage due to getting more out of +dmg. A Tank can add in an ATO to essentially give Shield up to +21% Res simply due to attacking. Tanks get bigger AoEs. The pet nature of Shield Charge doesn't help either AT. It is essentially a toss up.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Just going to have to make both and test them I guess.

Best choice. In the end, the tank will be tough enough to survive while still dishing out enough damage to get the job done. The scrapper will kill a lot faster but won't survive at the bleeding edge while solo. Teamed? None of it matters.

• Like 1