[Resolved & negated] Allow masterminds to resurrect henchmen

AxerJ

Allowing masterminds to resurrect henchmen would add a huge amount of utility to their resurrect skill. Instead of needing to resummon every time and buff, the resurrect skill would fit in perfectly with their unique ability set. It would further differentiate the mastermind's abilities in a cool way, too. 

Maybe no one else would be able to resurrect the minion - only its mastermind. I think this would benefit the mastermind archetype significantly and makes total sense.

If we're worried about a new meta emerging wherein minion captains are allowed to die so they can be ressed with whatever res buffs, perhaps new rules could be made for resurrecting minions. Perhaps they could just be resurrected without buffs, while buffs (and drawbacks) are reserved for player resses. Or maybe it wouldn't really matter.

Edited by AxerJ
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Sign me up! I have a few questions, and I was going to post them, but... I kinda self-answered as I started writing them.... The only lingering problem/question I have is... MM minions are all NPCs. And NPCs cannot be rezzed. How would the minions be flagged for rezzing? (The question is not aimed at you. Unless you are a dev. It is just a question I am curious as to the answer.)

• Thanks 1

They already lowered the minion cooldown to almost nothing.  At that point i consider resummoning  to be a rez.  They lose their upgrades when they die anyway and rezzing them where they died will probably get them killed again.  I guess they will be protected from xp debt though.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As a player who plays pet centric toons most specifically MMs. I'm going to say no, pets are npc they cannot be rezzed.

It is obnoxiously easy to resummon pets now at a fraction of the end cost and recharge than what it was. Not too mention pet buffs are aoe. 

I certainly think resummoning, buffing, etc is seconds of time. 

I would rather see time spent on building up certain MM primaries(MERCS) and more secondary proliferation. 

thumbsdown-gladiator.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Resummoning is basically rezzing MM pets at this point, yeah. Likely as not faster too, since you can just click and spawn them whenever. Besides, even if rez powers were modified to affect MM pets... that'd just make Howling Twilight leagues better than every other MM Secondary rez in the game (not that it isn't already super good). Plus, how would it work? Does the MM get inundated with multiple rez prompts and have to click on each of them? Does it just automatically bring back whatever minion gets hit with it? Also, if rez powers not cast by the Mastermind don't even work on their pets, what's the point of the change? Say the MM does rez a pet via their rez power - what happens when a teammate dies and the MM's already used their rez power to bring back their minions, instead of just resummoning? Defender/Corruptor/Medicine Pool rez powers don't make any difference, and the MM's benefit to their team just got cut into... for a button that effectively does something they can already do.

Too many fiddly bits for a benefit that resummoning already provides. That said, I could get behind MM pets being targetable for post-defeat 'target corpse' effects like Fallout or Dark Extraction. That'd be neat.

Edited by El D
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

I certainly think resummoning, buffing, etc is seconds of time. 

I would rather see time spent on building up certain MM primaries(MERCS) and more secondary proliferation. 

For reasons completely independent of this thread, I was toying with a Demon/Pain build in Mids, so I checked to look:

For what it's worth, Conduit of Pain costs 32 Endurance and takes 3.2 seconds.

Resummoning and buffing a henchman takes between 28 and 36 Endurance, and takes 6 seconds.

So depending on what you lose, a rez would be a little more efficient.  Though not significantly so, probably.

That all said, I get where you're coming from (but still would want my Fallout, dammit!).  Sort of.  I'm pretty sure that MMs already have access to all support sets as secondaries, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

*droopy tail* *Eeyore voice* Oooooookay... guess I'll stick to summoning pets almost as fast as they fall rather than rezzing them every couple minutes... be that way....

😛😄

MMs being able to rez pets would have been nice. I would have enjoyed that. @TheZag , @The_Warpact, and @El D are right though. Logic using party poopers that they are. 😀

• Haha 5

Hm, I missed the fact that they'd need their buffs again anyway if they were ressed - that slipped my mind, oops! I was assuming for some reason the ressed pets would retain their empowerments. That'd be nice! But what yall are saying makes sense - resummoning is essentially the res. Thanks

• AxerJ changed the title to [Resolved & negated] Allow masterminds to resurrect henchmen