Simply a nice to have feature - Portal Corp

Ukase

So, it's no secret that our esteemed HC dev team is all volunteer, but since this area is here for suggestions, as well as feedback, I have one. 

Certainly won't be the end of my world if it doesn't happen, but it may be simple enough to implement. 

In each Portal Corp building, there are two portals for missions. On the left side of one portal, and on the right side of the other, there are a set of doors, that would presumably lead to the other portal, without having to go up the stairs. 

Granted, it's not at all a big deal to go up stairs, but I think it would be interesting to simply let those doors open and...I dunno, go through a portal to a different set of portals at the other two Portal Corp buildings. Maybe even have them unlocked account wide once you complete Multi-dimensional or Portal Jockey. 

I mean, they call it Portal Corp for a reason. I would think we could use the tech there to go just about anywhere, no? Just a thought. 

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Portal Corp is designed around smaller more casual-use portals.  That being said, I have no issue with using the door to simply get to the portal on the other side... let's just keep it a simple door, though.  You have the mission transporter if you really can't be bothered to go to the next building...

I think (s)he is just talking about accessing the other portal in the same building. And yes, I agree. Being able to traverse a conjoining hallway between the two portal rooms would be very nice. Or just clicking the door and winding up in the other room.

The hallways are all opened up in the Aeon Strike Force.  They are blown to bits also with holes in the walls and rubble everywhere but they are open.  According to that mission,  they are all connected underground.  It would be great if they were all connected but i would still be happy if just the short hallway between each pair of portals was opened.

A small but useful change for PI mission teams - and it would be neat if the Portal Corp interior map could get linked together and opened up like they are in the Aeon Strike Force, since most of that map is apparently made. Though, all of the lower level 'Portal Access' maps in Peregrine would need to be removed/disconnected to do that, since the current three are all separate underground 'rooms.' None of the inner doors are actually doors at all, either. Just real fake doors.

But yeah, shifting Portal Corp into a sort of 'Midnight Club' set up with the initial trio as separate entrances who all lead into one big, conjoined room could work.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.