Replace Team Teleport with a version of Assemble the Team

Team Teleport is one of the most useless powers in the game. There's never been any real point to it, and it only seems to serve to annoy people. A teleporter could far more usefully port themself where they need to go and then recall the team one person at a time, than try to carry them all at once over a much shorter distance.

Hence, I'd like to suggest that this power be replaced with a version of the vet reward power Assemble the Team. Give it a 10- or 15-minute base recharge time, reducible by recharge enhancements and Hasten. That would at least give people a reason to spend a slot on it, but keep it not as good as Incandescence.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

As a mastermind, I use team teleport while soloing all the time. It lets me put my entire team of minions in one place, nearly instantly, without the usual nonsense of them bumping into each other trying to fit through a doorway, and/or just flat out ignoring my orders in the heat of combat. Why must I always be surrounded by such BUMBLING INCOMPETENCE?!?!

That being said, when I'm not solo the fact that it applies to other teammates is, from my perspective, an annoying and undesirable side-effect. So I completely agree that the supposed "original purpose" of the power is basically NEVER desirable, in ANY situation I've ever encountered, and I say that as someone who has the power on my bar. There is something wrong when a power that literally has "team" in the name is only usable solo.

I would be thrilled if "team teleport" was reduced to "teleport with pets", but that would make it a niche power that is pretty specifically meant for masterminds. Mind you, at least masterminds are an ACTUAL niche to serve, as opposed to the current, entirely imaginary niche of "teams that enjoy being randomly teleported".

Alternately, if the standard teleport was buffed to include pets, I wouldn't be sad to see team teleport get replaced with something radically different. I can't imagine anyone would angrily complain that they relied on the standard teleport NOT applying to pets. So that is probably the path of least resistance.

as opposed to the current, entirely imaginary niche of "teams that enjoy being randomly teleported".

As an aside, I explained to a friend last night how LFG teleport for a full team works if everyone's in the same zone, and she immediately decided that a good use of this would be to assemble a team and then surprise teleport them to Doctor Quaterfield.

Not, mind you, because the team would enjoy this, but....

Er... back on topic, I've never used Team Teleport, or encountered someone who used it, and I didn't realize it wasn't like Assemble the Team.  And now that I know, I'm wondering why this power exists in it current form....

Team Teleport is no different than Group Fly.  If we all stick together we can all piggyback on this powerset.

That said, I'd see more utility from an Assemble the Team type TP then Team Teleport.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Team teleport is vastly different from group fly. When someone casts group fly, they give you the POWER to fly. How you use that power is up to you.

Team teleport does quite the opposite: it TAKES AWAY your ability to decide where you're going.

It's true it's not exactly the same...However in both cases it's "stick together or this won't work" kind of power...I don't think assemble the team requires everyone be in close proximity for the travel power to add value...

Regardless, my question would be, what are you thoughts on the OP suggestion, replacing it specifically with Assemble the Team?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

"Stick together or it won't work" is logically predicated on the assumption that somebody WANTS it to work, and what I'm telling you is that nobody wants it to work. Literally nobody. I have the power on my bar, and I have NEVER been asked to use it in a team setting. It's an answer to a question nobody ASKED.

"Stick together or it won't work" is logically predicated on the assumption that somebody WANTS it to work, and what I'm telling you is that nobody wants it to work. Literally nobody. I have the power on my bar, and I have NEVER been asked to use it in a team setting. It's an answer to a question nobody ASKED.

What is triggering you?  I agree

I said I'm all for dumping it and replacing it with assemble the team...

I'm really not sure where the frustration is coming from...

That said, I'd see more utility from an Assemble the Team type TP then Team Teleport.