Add Minimal fx to the Radiation Defense set... please.

24 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Nope. First off, those are 2 different animations. Secondly, when I checked, again trying both bright and dark radiation options, the bubbles are still there. Grey for bright and black with purple for dark.

11 hours ago, Sovera said:

Monthly reminder that the devs need not go over each and every armor set to tweak each and every toggle. All that is needed is adding an 'invisible' palette option.

...which already exists. Choose Radiation Melee, go to Radiation Siphon. Admire how the blackest black simply turns off the FX unlike other blackest blacks that just turn things grey.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

The blackest black:

https://i.imgur.com/2HkTKUU.mp4

What position on the color grid is that?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 minutes ago, Uun said:

What position on the color grid is that?

Top left. Blackest Black. Only exists/works for Radiation Siphon and Radiation Therapy if memory serves.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Thank you for re-emphasizing that part. I did not realize you meant radiation siphon when I went and tried it on radiation siphon. So I went back and tried it for a third time on radiation siphon. Just to be sure I was using radiation siphon and not radiation siphon. The animation you provide in the second link is radiation siphon, but not the first which is radioactive smash. Radiation Siphon only has 1 animation.

And it may be my system, but regardless of whether I go dark radiation which gives me the black with purple bubbles or light radiation which gives me the grey mist with faint grey radiation bubbles, I still have the radiation bubbles. And yes, I am using the top left most black as my color choice. (I change it back to green because that character should have green effects, but I am trying this as you have described.)

Edit: That quote should not have been blank. Sorry. I did not blank it. Since it was a quote of a quote though, I'm guessing I should have just copied/pasted it instead of quoting it.

Edited by Rudra

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Thank you for re-emphasizing that part. I did not realize you meant radiation siphon when I went and tried it on radiation siphon. So I went back and tried it for a third time on radiation siphon. Just to be sure I was using radiation siphon and not radiation siphon. The animation you provide in the second link is radiation siphon, but not the first which is radioactive smash. Radiation Siphon only has 1 animation.

And it may be my system, but regardless of whether I go dark radiation which gives me the black with purple bubbles or light radiation which gives me the grey mist with faint grey radiation bubbles, I still have the radiation bubbles. And yes, I am using the top left most black as my color choice. (I change it back to green because that character should have green effects, but I am trying this as you have described.)

I used both animations to show the 'normal' blackest black option we have for (nearly) all powers and the difference it has with Radiation Siphon's blackest black.

But yeah, different systems, different screens (heck, even different eyes), it's not completely invisible. Can we at least agree it is a lot more invisible-er?

In game reference:

Normal Black. Radioactive Smash used to show the black option we usually get to have:

https://imgur.com/9ld4KgT

Blackest Black. Radiation Siphon:

https://imgur.com/HuAhsve

The point is the difference is stark and shows that it -can- be done. We have bright grey as black and black as tar with the dark palette black, but Radiation Siphon is close to transparent with the blackest black. So it might need a notch or three more of whatever made that particular option so translucent but it would be appreciated.

It would also allow for more customization in its own way. Maybe someone just wants the radiation bubbles but not the vapor. Maybe someone wants Bio's (IMO) cool veins-of-power FX that runs along the arms and legs but not the drippy FX. Choosing the transparent FX would hide that.

Or we can wait for the devs to mull over every each armor set and tweak every single FX.

11 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I used both animations to show the 'normal' blackest black option we have for (nearly) all powers and the difference it has with Radiation Siphon's blackest black.

But yeah, different systems, different screens (heck, even different eyes), it's not completely invisible. Can we at least agree it is a lot more invisible-er?

In game reference:

Normal Black. Radioactive Smash used to show the black option we usually get to have:

https://imgur.com/9ld4KgT

Blackest Black. Radiation Siphon:

https://imgur.com/HuAhsve

The point is the difference is stark and shows that it -can- be done. We have bright grey as black and black as tar with the dark palette black, but Radiation Siphon is close to transparent with the blackest black. So it might need a notch or three more of whatever made that particular option so translucent but it would be appreciated.

It would also allow for more customization in its own way. Maybe someone just wants the radiation bubbles but not the vapor. Maybe someone wants Bio's (IMO) cool veins-of-power FX that runs along the arms and legs but not the drippy FX. Choosing the transparent FX would hide that.

Or we can wait for the devs to mull over every each armor set and tweak every single FX.

Yeah, I have no problems with that. I was just wasn't seeing what you were saying. It does get much fainter on bright radiation using the top left most black. No argument.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:41 AM, Sovera said:

Monthly reminder that the devs need not go over each and every armor set to tweak each and every toggle. All that is needed is adding an 'invisible' palette option.

...which already exists. Choose Radiation Melee, go to Radiation Siphon. Admire how the blackest black simply turns off the FX unlike other blackest blacks that just turn things grey.

Respectfully, you've given examples for the Radiation Melee power set, and I am talking about the Radiation Defense set. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've done the same thing with pushing everything to grey, and it makes it just bearable. Just. Radiation Therapy is the only power in the Defense set that gives the option of all black, and it works perfectly. If that color setting was available to all the Radiation Armor powers that would take care of it right there.

There is way too much going on in this defense set, visually. 

Edited by RiskyKisses

3 hours ago, RiskyKisses said:

Respectfully, you've given examples for the Radiation Melee power set, and I am talking about the Radiation Defense set. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've done the same thing with pushing everything to grey, and it makes it just bearable. Just. Radiation Therapy is the only power in the Defense set that gives the option of all black, and it works perfectly. If that color setting was available to all the Radiation Armor powers that would take care of it right there.

There is way too much going on in this defense set, visually. 

My point, in the first post I made, is that the tech is there and needs only be proliferated. Because when things are mentioned some people crawl out of the woodwork to white knight for the devs on how it would give them so much work.

Radiation Siphon and Radiation Therapy are proof of concept of existing things already in the live game.

13 hours ago, Sovera said:

My point, in the first post I made, is that the tech is there and needs only be proliferated. Because when things are mentioned some people crawl out of the woodwork to white knight for the devs on how it would give them so much work.

Radiation Siphon and Radiation Therapy are proof of concept of existing things already in the live game.

Ahh... I missed that point earlier. And that would be totally acceptable to have them do.

To know if they read your specific post? Nope. Gotta go on faith for that. To know they are reading these forums? Yeah. There are multiple threads where not only has a GM put in an appearance to comment, and not just to warn us we were getting out of hand, but a dev would post on the thread with comments as well.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct out to put.