Add Minimal fx to the Radiation Defense set... please.

Hey all, Devs.

I'm here to request you guys consider adding a Minimal FX choice to the Radiation Defense set, please.

I've been wanting to play this set, but I can't do so as all the swirling lights and effects heads me in the direction of triggering Migraines... almost every time I make the attempt. I know that there is a suppression command to do just this for it, but I want the choice to see what I want... (what I can handle) with the power set, not to eliminate all of it. 

This set wouldn't be so bad if it was just 1 bubble for Alpha Barrier circling the character, and 1 for Fallout Shelter as well. But ALL them swirlies? Just, ugh. I understand the thought of why it looks like it does, and that is a great addition to a comic book style power set, but all those things moving around just hurts my eyes any time I try, and I'd really like to get my hands into this one.

Think about this, guys? 

Please and thank you.

~Risky~

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, RiskyKisses said:

I'm here to request you guys consider adding a Minimal FX choice to the Radiation Defense set, please.

Frankly, this should be an option for almost every power that has persistent FX...

• Thumbs Up 13

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Frankly, this should be an option for almost every power that has persistent FX...

Agreed. If pool powers have no fx options, it would at least appear plausible to do so with primary and secondary sets, to say nothing of the time investment required by the devs to do so however. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Actually have a Rad Armor/Rad Melee Tank I got to 21 on Everlasting and then quit playing because I just didn't like having all the effects around him. Just too busy, made my eyes tired just watching it, and well, it's a lot going on for toggle powers you have to keep running all the time. If it was on an attack I could deal with it probably.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Yes please. I literally can't run Apex TF on my Rad/Rad scrapper because I can't see the blue stuff on the ground through all the gfx. (And a big part of that is Irradiated Ground, which also needs a minimal fx version.)

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 6/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Ston said:

You mean you don't like your costume being constantly hidden by a fuzzy radiation cloud?

lol.

No. I've tried to go the bright route and then take the colors to dark grey. It drops that haze to a somewhat bearable level. 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:51 PM, biostem said:

Except "LOL REGEN!" .  You can see the green glow from 3 zones over and know the sucker who played a regen scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

As much as I consider the annoying visuals of Radiation Armor and Bio Armor as "annoyance taxes" because those two sets are just so good there has to be *some* way to discourage people from using them exclusively, I'd be pretty happy with a true minimal fx option on both of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

If they are so much better that there needs to be something to discourage people from only using them, then maybe they need a nerf? I know that is going to be a very unpopular option, but if those sets are the go-to sets, then they probably need to be reigned in some.

Also, yes to minimal FX options.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

If they are so much better that there needs to be something to discourage people from only using them, then maybe they need a nerf? I know that is going to be a very unpopular option, but if those sets are the go-to sets, then they probably need to be reigned in some.

Your response may be tongue-in-cheek, but in general, I'd be more in favor of buffing up the underperforming sets...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/1/2022 at 3:41 PM, RiskyKisses said:

I've been wanting to play this set, but I can't do so as all the swirling lights and effects heads me in the direction of triggering Migraines... almost every time I make the attempt. I know that there is a suppression command to do just this for it, but I want the choice to see what I want... (what I can handle) with the power set, not to eliminate all of it. 

@GM Impervium posted in a thread that they wanted to hear about this kind of stuff.

Hopefully, did this correctly so that they will see it. (after a couple of attempts at least)

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:41 PM, RiskyKisses said:

Have you tried the dark option with one of the more subdued colors?  I know it's not a perfect solution, but it may help a little...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:29 AM, RiskyKisses said:

lol.

No. I've tried to go the bright route and then take the colors to dark grey. It drops that haze to a somewhat bearable level. 

Try dark blues or 

/macro Off "noparticles 1"
/macro On "noparticles 0"

Off will turn off most particles immediately.

On will turn them back on, but most of the time you have to zone for it to restart all the particles.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Sure. Buff the underperformers. Either option works for me. I'm just remembering back on Live that Willpower got reigned in because it was outperforming the other sets. Doesn't matter to me if the best sets are nerfed or if the underperformers are buffed.

To be clear,I am not asking for all sets to be equal to the top armors. Just saying that if those two sets are so good that the others are being ignored, if they are, then maybe something should be done. In either direction.

The fact bio has such hideous effects is why I never tried it.

I've been told that /bio is the only set some players will use. They define /bio as some other set for background, but use the set for its power/effectiveness. (Personally, I say just play the set you claim the character is using.) I have no proof that this happens, just the stories I'm told by other players, so I can't honestly say. However, if back on Live Willpower got reigned in so players would resume using the other sets, then my inclination is to reign in Bio and Rad.

Or just buff the other sets. I don't argue power creep, so not going to use that argument. I just want players to have incentive to use all the sets.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Rudra said:

Also, yes to minimal FX options.

Well, I find them great, because they work really well with how I like to play.  If, for example, you are looking to max out defense debuff resistance and laugh at debuffers, then there are better alternatives.

Who run Bartertown?

• 4 weeks later

Monthly reminder that the devs need not go over each and every armor set to tweak each and every toggle. All that is needed is adding an 'invisible' palette option.

...which already exists. Choose Radiation Melee, go to Radiation Siphon. Admire how the blackest black simply turns off the FX unlike other blackest blacks that just turn things grey.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Monthly reminder that the devs need not go over each and every armor set to tweak each and every toggle. All that is needed is adding an 'invisible' palette option.

...which already exists. Choose Radiation Melee, go to Radiation Siphon. Admire how the blackest black simply turns off the FX unlike other blackest blacks that just turn things grey.

Not working for me. Where is this blackest black that turns off the FX?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 hours ago, Sovera said:

I loaded up my rad melee brute to use this. With dark rad it was black. With light rad it was grey. Could you share your version so I can have invisible palette too please?

5 hours ago, Uun said:

Not working for me. Where is this blackest black that turns off the FX?

26 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I loaded up my rad melee brute to use this. With dark rad it was black. With light rad it was grey. Could you share your version so I can have invisible palette too please?

Normal black, the black we have for all powers:

https://i.imgur.com/xF03En9.mp4

The blackest black:

https://i.imgur.com/2HkTKUU.mp4

In game the blackest black still has a light grey vapor cloud, but compared to the bright grey of normal black it is a world apart. Even if no other tweaks are made I would accept that one as is since look at how the bubbles have completely disappeared, but for a dev willing to further tweak it could be made even more invisible and would (mostly) fix all requirements for a min FX option across the board for minimal effort.

Edited by Sovera

Nope. First off, those are 2 different animations. Secondly, when I checked, again trying both bright and dark radiation options, the bubbles are still there. Grey for bright and black with purple for dark.