How many health buffs can one get?

Nayland1971

I mention this because the other day I recalled the accolade one gets for doing the Freedom Phalanx task forces gives you an extra 5% health, if I remember correctly. I thought it would be fun to see if there's anything else like this. Are there any other permanent buffs out there for completing challenges - at least, those that would be of interest to a Tanker?

33 minutes ago, Nayland1971 said:

I mention this because the other day I recalled the accolade one gets for doing the Freedom Phalanx task forces gives you an extra 5% health, if I remember correctly. I thought it would be fun to see if there's anything else like this. Are there any other permanent buffs out there for completing challenges - at least, those that would be of interest to a Tanker?

Summary, from the following thread:

PORTAL JOCKEY / BORN IN BATTLE +Max HP +Max End

ATLAS MEDALLION / MARSHAL +Max End

TASK FORCE COMMANDER / INVADER +Max HP

FREEDOM PHALANX RESERVE / HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD +Max HP

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Yes get those accolades for your tank asap.  Tanks and Brutes have the highest base hp and conversely benefit most from those hp percentage increases.  I'll usually get all the accolades for my favorite characters and my tank definitely builds their hp with these accos and the permanent IO hp bonuses.  My shield tank has 3100 hp and when you figure in all of the resists and defense available its a pretty unsinkable battleship if you put in the work to build it. 

Just remember if you pick Stone Armor, Ice Armor, or Invuln you don't need those since their heals will already cap your HP.

You may still want the endurance ones though.

19 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Just remember if you pick Stone Armor, Ice Armor, or Invuln you don't need those since their heals will already cap your HP.

You may still want the endurance ones though.

Unless you've got a lot of +health bonuses, Dull Pain is not sufficient to cap your maximum health, even at 121% enhancement. Dull Pain + Unbreakable Guard 7.5% maximum health, + three +1.13% maximum health, one +1.88% maximum health, and one +3% health doesn't get you to cap either. You'll be at 3372.91 maximum health, which is around 170 short of maximum health.