Regarding Day Job Temp. Powers and Accolade Powers

I wish that the temporary powers from day jobs and the related accolade powers could be deleted in the same way as other temporary powers can.  Such a change would allow players to get rid of the powers they don't want, just as they can with other temp. powers.

Further, even if anyone wanted to regain a power that they deleted, that power can be regained by logging off in the right location.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to be clear, you're referring to the auto bonuses, like the Law Enforcer badge's Auto: XP Bonus for mission completions, and not tools like Sleep Gas canisters from the Scientist accolade or the Rapid Response Portal from the Rapid Response Member accolade? 

13 hours ago, Techwright said:

Just to be clear, you're referring to the auto bonuses, like the Law Enforcer badge's Auto: XP Bonus for mission completions, and not tools like Sleep Gas canisters from the Scientist accolade or the Rapid Response Portal from the Rapid Response Member accolade? 

On the contrary, I'd like the ability to delete such powers.  Sometimes I don't really need or want the powers I get from particular day jobs but the log off location itself is useful so I have some day job powers that just sit there unused or I use up those with charges on trivial things.  For example, I'd like to be able to log off in the Shadow Shard on a flier who (obviously) doesn't really need the jet-pack power for doing so.  Similarly, I'd like to delete the charges of AE-only self-rez. after I've logged off in the uni. or AE building.

Okay, then why delete?   If one gets the Scientist accolade and a set of sleeping gas charges with it,  they only have to right-click the sleeping gas in the tray and click "Remove From Tray".  It's gone from sight at that point, takes up no valuable tray space, and yet can still be recall to use from the Powers menu if eventually needed.  It's out of sight / out of mind.  With the simplicity of this, I admit confusion why the devs would need to go to the extra effort to add a delete feature.

Now the auto bonuses make sense if what they bring alters gameplay because they are automatic, such as the aforementioned Auto: XP Bonus.  I know there are players who want to either not earn XP for a time, or earn XP without any bonus feature.

I hope I don't sound too glib or flippant, but I'd like to be able to delete a certain group of temporary powers in the same way I am able to delete another group of temporary powers.

For example, I have a brute who has gotten the smoke grenades in the "raid" portion of a mayhem mission, and as I so chose, I right-clicked and deleted those temp. powers.  In contrast, that same brute has one charge of the Wentworth's TP power that he got because he logged of in the Resistance market in Praetoria.  I have no desire to ever swap him from Redside to Blueside to burn the charges frivolously, so I'd like to delete it rather than letting it continue to rot infinitely in my powers tray.

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Cuz some of us are so OCD that just knowing they're still in the powers list is too much. I'm still annoyed that I can't permanently purge that one prestige power slide thing

Also, this. It just sort of bugs me knowing I have a power in my powers tray that takes up space.  Admittedly, it's a little odd, but so it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Techwright said:

Okay, then why delete?

Preface:  This is the most minor of details in the UI, but it is an annoyance.  Chalk this one under "Yeah, it would be nice, but not really a priority unless it is outrageously easy to implement. Like flipping a switch that doesn't break anything else levels of easy."

Because the powers window puts everything that isn't a primary or secondary power into one massive, lengthy, unmanageable list that must be scrolled through on the admittedly rare occasions one needs to scroll past all the temp powers to get to their actual pool powers in that window.  If the power categories were spread out into the two mostly unused columns, or the order made more sense in that third column the window would be more manageable.  Some powers can be deleted, iirc, but I have no idea what determines that state.

It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.

🍻

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

When your temp powers are a mile long in the 3rd column of the powers menu and you have to scroll for 5 minutes to find something way down near the bottom.  I would be happy with a reorganization of that menu so the first and second column have more than just your primary and just your secondary powers.

• Thumbs Up 1