Advanced graphic settings

Ukase

I could have sworn there was a better place to ask this question, but I wanted to ask it sooner than later, and didn't find it in my first look around. 

I recently got a new Nvidia 3060 for my computer. Before, I was playing on performance settings, now I'm maxed out. 

So...the thing is - why does everything look the exact same except for the glowies? The glowies no longer appear to glow as brightly, and sometimes, they flicker more than they "glow". 

I would have thought there would be greater contrast, more colorful effects, etc..but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I'd be curious to see snippets of what some of your graphic settings are set to. 

Honestly, the only thing I tend to do with graphic settings (as far as I recall) is turn the distance blur bit down and make sure the window size is correct. I think I've tended to have everything on high, but it's really been a bit since I've looked.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I would recommend using the Nvidia GeForce software to fine tune your graphics settings, as the settings in game will only do as much as your graphics card will allow based on your system settings as well. After I upped to the max in COH, I adjusted a lot of the settings for it inside of the software mentioned, specifically the 3D shaders in my case.

logo-sig.png

There's also:

HTH

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

image.png.500fcd2be1256f35db65a6980b5d4af7.png

Just as an example - you can barely see it - but that's a "glowie", one of my mission objectives. That is as bright as it got. Everything else is fairly normal as far as I can tell, but this is a bit disappointing. 

As for client-side improvements, I don't think I require that. I'm sure there's some minor setting, but candidly, I have no idea what half of the terms in the graphic slider even mean.