Is Electric Armor Good with Hover?

drgantz

On 7/15/2022 at 6:14 AM, drgantz said:

I've noticed that the Grounded ability in Electric Armor needs to be near the ground.  Is that the entire ability or just the knockback resistance?  Is that important?  Is Grounded useful if a person uses Hover?

Just the Kb that is turned off. I play Fire Armor with only one -KB IO and it works fine.

• Like 1

If you use Hover you'll lose your KB protection and will have to make up for it with slotting.  The rest of Grounded's effects remain though, you'll still have the passive E/N and Immobilize resistances even when airborne.

For slotting, consider a BotZ KB protection in your travel power, for finding someplace for Steadfast Protection's KB protect (or the Karma KB protect if you dip into any +Def pools).  Also consider three-slotting Fury of the Gladiator into something (Lightning Field is a nice choice for that, with the -Res proc alongside it) as the three-slot set bonus is KB protection.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

CoD doesn't show the NearGround tag for individual power effects (as far as I can see), so I can't check that for recent versions, but looking back at the old JSON files, it seems to me that immobilize protection is, like the knock protection, flagged NearGround.  That's also what the power description implies.  So, with fair confidence, I think:

Only when near the ground:  knock protection, immobilize protection

Regardless of whether near ground:  Resistance to energy, negative energy, and endurance drain.

• Like 1