Glowie Volume

Duuk

Frequently I see people requesting that glowie volume be able to be adjusted outside of the normal volume.  (ie: "I want the glowies super loud, but not my powers").  There is a (nearly) unused setting called "voiceover volume".  Why not rename it "hint volume" and make glowies use that setting?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

Think I just saw you mention this in help. I can't htink of any voiceover other than the tutorial (and, really... could that just be pulled?) and while there are mods for glowie volume/type ... yeah, this'd be nice.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, MadCow99 said:

Frequently I see people requesting that glowie volume be able to be adjusted outside of the normal volume.  (ie: "I want the glowies super loud, but not my powers").  There is a (nearly) unused setting called "voiceover volume".  Why not rename it "hint volume" and make glowies use that setting?

Just mark them on the map already - one of Mako's Patron missions has you planting bombs on a ship, and they're marked on the map, so why not just make that the norm...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

16 minutes ago, biostem said:

Just mark them on the map already - one of Mako's Patron missions has you planting bombs on a ship, and they're marked on the map, so why not just make that the norm...

Sure, as long as it was a toggle that could be turned off and on. While there are times I'm cursing the game because I can't find that <expletive deleted> glowie and wish it was marked, there are also times I'm happy with looking for them. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm weird.

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Sure, as long as it was a toggle that could be turned off and on. While there are times I'm cursing the game because I can't find that <expletive deleted> glowie and wish it was marked, there are also times I'm happy with looking for them. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Maybe make it an easily accessible power from P2W, then, similar to the reveal one...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, biostem said:

... because knowing where they go ahead of time fits that mission (you *know* where you're going to plant them,) versus "you have to find X before it explodes/loads a virus/puts more pineapple on pizza?"

Besides, the whole "Show last objective/enemy" thing is still flaky and would probably need to be fixed first.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

... because knowing where they go ahead of time fits that mission (you *know* where you're going to plant them,) versus "you have to find X before it explodes/loads a virus/puts more pineapple on pizza?"

Besides, the whole "Show last objective/enemy" thing is still flaky and would probably need to be fixed first.

Then have it where, as you defeat enemies, they "reveal" the objectives as you go, to reflect you interrogating them or something...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

Then have it where, as you defeat enemies, they "reveal" the objectives as you go, to reflect you interrogating them or something...

Maybe a proximity thing instead? When you get within X feet of a glowie, it gets put on the map? On some of the outdoor instance maps, I can't count the number of times my friends and I have run past the glowie without seeing or hearing it. So say if you get within 10 or 20 feet of the glowie, it gets put on the map so even if you blindly run past it, you can see where it is?

Edit: Well, all objectives I guess. Trying to find that one victim on those maps also often takes forever of going over the same ground repeatedly until one of us gets the right angle to see the target.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

So... I'm deaf. I would *treasure* some kind of change to glowies that did not require sound volume to help locate them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

17 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So say if you get within 10 or 20 feet of the glowie, it gets put on the map so even if you blindly run past it, you can see where it is?

I could get behind this.  Either way, the sound that they give off is already a fair break from reality, so marking it if you happen to get close to it or even just scan past it as you're looking around should be enough...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I could get behind this.  Either way, the sound that they give off is already a fair break from reality, so marking it if you happen to get close to it or even just scan past it as you're looking around should be enough...

Include hostages with that as well.  I find them even more troublesome to find than glowies usually.  Simply because they are completely silent.  Always wondered why they never "yelled for help".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Maybe a proximity thing instead? When you get within X feet of a glowie, it gets put on the map? On some of the outdoor instance maps, I can't count the number of times my friends and I have run past the glowie without seeing or hearing it. So say if you get within 10 or 20 feet of the glowie, it gets put on the map so even if you blindly run past it, you can see where it is?

Edit: Well, all objectives I guess. Trying to find that one victim on those maps also often takes forever of going over the same ground repeatedly until one of us gets the right angle to see the target.

Now, that I could see. it wouldn't disrupt the fact you're being called in to *find* the bomb/computer/mutant cat-alien diplomat mage... of course, it depends on the tech working, as mentioned. 😉

23 hours ago, Greycat said:

There are a fair number of other missions--some vigilante alignment missions for example--that have you planting bombs that you have to "find" first.