Missing characters

FallenHand

Hello All!

I have been away from the game for a year or two and decided to sign back in.  I pulled down the new COH launcher (snazzy btw!) and signed in.  There is only one character showing, whereas I had dozens.  Can someone help me get my characters back?

Thank you for any help!

5 minutes ago, FallenHand said:

Hi!

Yes, I did look in all 5 shards.  There is only once character among all of them.  What does deleting the playerslot.txt file do?

Thank you for your feedback!

Deleting the file can sometimes bring back “missing” characters by removing any funky character order arrangement you made.

On an off chance, are you sure that you are using the right account?

If deleting the PlayerSlot.txt yielded no results, then it's almost always simply the wrong account (IDK about you, but I have lots of email addresses). On the off chance that something Else is going on, then try a ticket:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/support/

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Is it possible you're on the wrong server?  Maybe instead of Homecoming, you had the missing characters on Thunderspy or Rebirth?  Have you played on multiple servers?

We're asking these questions because I don't recall ever seeing a situation where characters actually disappeared.

Every time, it has turned out that the player was on the wrong server, wrong shard, wrong account, the characters had moved to the 3rd or 10th page, etc.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Huh, I don’t know what is the deal then. I have never heard of Thunderspy and I checked with Rebirth but they didn’t know my account either.

I had made a record of my login creds and they work here, so it had to be Homecoming.

I guess I will try a ticket.

Honestly, I seldom play my older toons (I looked at the playerslot.txt file and I have about 100 of them), but I do log into one to send myself influence to help build my toons.