Assault Rifle with Super Reflexes or Bio?

Galamane

What I want to understand is which one helps AR the most in terms of damage. I know that Bio gives steady damage but may hinder proc's or defense . Super Reflex gives defense recharge boost and also might allow more proc's but not a steady damage boost. Never played with AR but it looks like it would be fun on a Sentinel. Any info would be great. Thx

Bio has the offense boost at the cost of a minor loss in defense. SR has bigger defense numbers at the cost of having basically baseline offense. You know, baseline but with 20% recharge, which does have its ramifications on offense.

In the end, the recharge boost pales in comparison to what a 7.5% to hit/25% damage boost with a proc will provide.

• Thumbs Up 1

Athletic Regulation isn't wholly necessary. You can also consider skipping Parasitic Leach.

For your final (single target) rotation you should really only be using Buckshot and Incinerator with your epic attacks. So Disorienting Shot and Slug are entirely skippable. The rest are good for filling out your AOE rotation.

Ignoring procs or leaning on epic pools (I know, I'm a heretic, bring on the bolters,) your best 3 attack chain will be Disorienting Shot, Incinerator, Burst, repeat. But DS, Incin, Full Auto would be prettier. I have not tested these chains nor calculated the recharge needed to make 'em happen. Just going off Mids for the halibut.

image.png.304d45cf2b9e4c9e1e200114c03965a0.png

7 minutes ago, Underfyre said:

I'd love to see that as a "rotation"

DAMN you for making me do math!

DS recharge 5 sec 1.056 cast

Incin recharge 12 sec 2.244 cast

FA recharge 90 sec 2.64 cast

Ok, yea, that ain't EVER happening.... but what can we do?

FA, DS, Incin, DS, repeat?

Get 90 down to 1.056+2.244+1.056 = 4.356 sec or .... yea, that ain't gonna happen.

Disregard! Fuckin AR....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Galamane said:

I've made it to level 25 and it's been fun so far. I think I want to try the ninja tool mastery for my Epic. I know Tashibishi is good but what about the others in the set?

DPA/DPS aside, my giant robot Beam/EnA loves having an Energy Sword. Rarely use it, though, as just beaming works great.

Death is the best debuff.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 months later
  • 1 year later
  • 2 months later