Top numbers are not working.

gamerdude31

Hello,

For some odd reason all my keys on my keyboard work within the game, but my top row of numbers that correspond to my powers will not work for anything. I have tried resetting key bindings (making sure to apply the change), and have tried moving the powers to tray 2 and using Alt + 1, 2, 3, etc. If someone can please let me know what I can try to get this fixed, you would be a true hero.

Thanks, 

Magistor

I occasionally get a problem where the keys act like I am pressing CTRL when I am not.   Maybe it missed a key-up event or something.  At-TAB out and then back in to the client usually fixes that for me.  No need to restart.  Not saying that was your issue but it might have fixed it.

In my experience, giving my keyboard a good shake while tapping hard on the shift keys and control keys fix many problems like this.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Set up custom keymaps to leverage Roman Numerals  🙂

I V X L C D M  - No wonder they fell tot he Goths (and their own social decay)

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

When I ran multiple instances, there would come a time every so often when my number keys stopped working and I had to use a mouse. As soon as I closed an instance of the game, they resumed working. Still don't know what that was about. 

• 1 year later