AlienFX Support

woop17

I searched the forums and Google and was unable to find anything that addressed the current support of AlienFX in the game. I have an Alienware 17 (2013/14 model) running Windows 10 with the AlienFX Driver (version 3.6.4.0). 3rd party FX control is enabled and has worked fine with other games.

I can't seem to get the AlienFX option in-game to work. In the settings menu it is disabled and when I use the supporthardwarelights command (set to 1), it doesn't seem to do anything, even after restarting the client. I also noticed that when I restart with supporthardwarelights set to 1, it will reset to 0 after restart.

Is the AlienFX feature supported anymore, or is it disabled? Do I need a specific version of the driver?

Thanks for everything you do!

I don't have a reference, but the back of my mind says it was disabled at some point (lack of use?).

• Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

That was a feature that was added when Alien sold boxes with CoH and CoV characters painted on them. Maybe around 2006 or 2007.  Depending on what side you played on the lights in your computer would turn blue or red. Probably still works if you can find a CoH box from back then. I remember asking about it at one point and was told it was never looked at and probably could not be modified for today’s computers.

They also had some incredibly cool Star Wars boxes. The jet black one had Darth Vader and the White one had Luke Skywalker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:12 AM, Arc-Mage said:

That was a feature that was added when Alien sold boxes with CoH and CoV characters painted on them. Maybe around 2006 or 2007.  Depending on what side you played on the lights in your computer would turn blue or red. Probably still works if you can find a CoH box from back then. I remember asking about it at one point and was told it was never looked at and probably could not be modified for today’s computers.

They also had some incredibly cool Star Wars boxes. The jet black one had Darth Vader and the White one had Luke Skywalker.

Yeah, but wasn't this an actual software thing otherwise? I vaguely recall it being something where you had a secondary GPU that all it was doing was handling the extra workload/calculations for compatible software.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)