End game.

prettyjesus2

Playing again after a little over a year away.  End game moves so fast.. anything pet based feels clunky and slow considering the pace of groups at end game/incarnate.  My Illusion controller, spider crab (pet build), even Fire/Kin controller feel clunky and slow.  Bots/traps mastermind? Forget it.  Any suggestions for "fun"? I realize how unclear this question is, but late game content definitely seems to call for more compact builds.  

Edited by prettyjesus2

If pets move too slowly for your style of play, then something without pets (I know this sounds like snark, but...).  Probably want to avoid Titan Weapons too.  I'd guess you're going to want something melee, so pick one of those that sounds fun to you.  I enjoy tankers quite a bit for feeling invincible most of the time.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

You might be looking for a Blaster?  They're usually the ones at the front of the steamroll train and very few enemies can live long enough to threaten them meaningfully (even on lower survivability builds).  I've found that in the presence of 2 or 3 well-built Blasters, any melee set feels slow with the exception of maybe an Elec/Shield Stalker.  

You could also try a /kin Corruptor.  All the fun of /kin on a Controller without watching the mobs die before Flashfire even finishes animating.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, you can make characters that are fun to play steamrolling through speed runs.... Alternately, there is some challenging content out there if you look for it. Run some Dr. Aeon Strike Forces with ridiculous challenge settings. Try some "801 missions" at Architech Entertainment. Exemplar with some lowbies. If doing story arcs in Talos Island is more fun than speed-running 54 ITFs, then by all means exemplar.

You can try Beast/  if you really like MMs. they attack and move fast enough bar a speed run. 

Another option is to find a team that's more your pace. 😃 I personally can't keep up with most teams (especially leagues), but I do have a few kindred players that are more my speed. I'm sure there are others out there that are just right for your type of play. best of luck.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 11:53 AM, electric_emu said:

You might be looking for a Blaster?  They're usually the ones at the front of the steamroll train and very few enemies can live long enough to threaten them meaningfully (even on lower survivability builds).  I've found that in the presence of 2 or 3 well-built Blasters, any melee set feels slow with the exception of maybe an Elec/Shield Stalker.  

You could also try a /kin Corruptor.  All the fun of /kin on a Controller without watching the mobs die before Flashfire even finishes animating.

I did build fire/kin corr after having fire/kin controller for awhile, definitely feels "faster" overall but man, constant clicking and not enough time to do everything 

On 8/9/2022 at 11:53 AM, electric_emu said:

Elec/shield stalker, how does it compare to the same combo on brute or scrapper? 

On 8/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, prettyjesus2 said:

Elec/shield stalker, how does it compare to the same combo on brute or scrapper? 

Disclaimer:  I'm not Stalker expert.

Electric Melee's biggest shortcoming on Brutes, Scrappers, and Tankers is its lack of good single target damage.  Assassin's Strike fixes that on Stalkers, and since they only give up Lightning Clap (not a very good power, by most objective measures), they keep all the fun AoE the set has.  But their AoE is also better because the pseudo-pet mechanics used by Lightning Rod and Shield Charge do not break Hide.  So you can do the usual Build Up + double tele-nuke and then get the crit buff from a still-hidden Thunder Strike for some truly insane AoE , above and beyond what a Scrapper or Brute can do, while still having respectable single target output.

Shield offering layered mitigation with a focus on positional defense on top a damage buff also plays well with Stalkers' low HP and high melee modifiers (similar to how Shield is usually preferred on a Scrapper over a Brute).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 8/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, Six-Six said:

You can try Beast/  if you really like MMs. they attack and move fast enough bar a speed run. 

Another option is to find a team that's more your pace. 😃 I personally can't keep up with most teams (especially leagues), but I do have a few kindred players that are more my speed. I'm sure there are others out there that are just right for your type of play. best of luck.

Beast/Kin MM

All your pets get the zoomies!

• Haha 1