Single bind for Ninja Run/Sprint?

Myopic_Aardvark

Is there a way to bind Ninja Run and Sprint to one key to toggle them both on and off at the same time.

Currently using bind lalt powexecname Ninja Run$$powexecname Sprint

When I've tried to do it so far, all I'm getting is it toggling between one and the other.

Thanks.

I use these two:

/bind numpad0 "powexec_toggleon Ninja Run$$powexec_toggleon Sprint"

/bind decimal "powexec_toggleoff Ninja Run$$powexec_toggleoff Sprint"

I add in Super Speed/Super Jumping for the "toggleon" sections if I have them, and Combat Jumping set to turn "on" in the "toggleoff" line when applicable.  On Stalkers, I also have Hide set to turn on *before* Sprint (it would be the final in the bind, everything happens from Right to Left).

Do keep in mind that the above needs two button presses for Sprint/Ninja, but it's on the same button, and only one button for toggling off.  If you add any other conditionals to the first bind, Super Speed/Jumping/Hide for example, you need that many more presses.

/bind numpad0 "powexec_toggleon Ninja Run$$powexec_toggleon Super Speed$$powexec_toggleon Super Jump$$powexec_toggleon Sprint$$powexec_toggleon Hide" requires 5 presses of the same button, but, if you exemplar down to where you don't have Speed/Jump, those will be skipped in the presses.

Also, toggling on of Combat Jumping will turn off Ninja Run and Super Jump, much like toggling on Ninja Run will cancel all of Combat Jumping and Super Speed/Jump

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

You can toggleOFF multiple powers in a single keystroke.

You can only toggleON a single power per keystroke.  This is a game engine limitation imposed to prevent bots from becoming even easier to program than they already are.  This limitation has existed since game launch.  It is therefore not possible to toggleON two powers, simultaneously, with a single keystroke or bind command line.

There are a few "hacks" for keybinds involving use of a + modifier on the bound key, resulting on a toggleON on key press and then a toggleON of a second power upon key release (usually used for Double Mire on Warshades), but if the key press/release is done too quickly you'll muck up the bind execution.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I'm not sure the toggle-on limitation was universal, and I know it was initiated/expanded fairly late in the game. I have bind files from my last alts that had two- and three-power "on" binds that I know worked as intended. They have not worked since relaunch, and you're correct in saying that one press per power is needed for full activation. As long as you use the -on and -off commands on separate keys, it's only a little more complicated than one-press binds.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Yep, rollover binds and macros can get around a lot of limitations, but it's still one-keypress-per-power with very few exceptions. You can't make a newly loaded bind line or macro self-execute.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

The game doesn't allow exactly what you're asking for, but you can set up one key to turn both of them on, and another to turn them both off.

bind <key> +down$$-down$$powexec_toggleon Sprint$$powexec_toggleon Ninja Run

bind <key> powexec_toggleoff Sprint$$powexec_toggleoff Ninja Run

The only thing to keep in mind is that when pressing the key to activate them both, hold the key down until the first power (Ninja Run in this case, they're activated from last to first) fully activates. Then when you release it, the next power will start up.