Alexandra Sideris won't give me missions

Cinnder

• Lead Game Master
55 minutes ago, Krimson said:

If this is some sort of condition barring entry, you might want to specify that. Play the game much? Guess what happens when an ITF is forming? This isn't the Rikti War Zone where you can just whip off the Intro to Vanguard while the team is forming. No one is going to wait for a player to spend quality time with Montague Castanella and moreover, what reason would newer player have to draw their attention to him? The only toon I have that did the arc is my main, who did a bunch of stuff not knowing newer content existed. Everyone else, just went through that door. Monty's arc is fun, but not "do it on all 25 50s" fun.

Well, this is what I'm trying to figure out. The Midnighter badge from Night Ward should do the trick just fine. But, if someone somehow got into Cim without it? Well, I don't know why some of the contacts would have a conditional flag if you can't even get into the zone without it, buuuuut I wouldn't be surprised, either.

EDIT: So, I just tested this myself. Took my nearly badgeless GM toon into Cim, spoke to Valeria, did her first mission... and she offered to introduce me to a new contact. I had the option to decline this introduction and carry on. But yeah, doesn't seem tied to the Midnighter badge, then. Maybe the intro needs to be made mandatory so it can't be missed? Though doing the arc in Ouro would cause complications. OR, there's something else at play here.

Edited by GM Impervium
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

58 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Monty's arc is fun, but not "do it on all 25 50s" fun.

How can you pass up the opportunity to smack Ci'dion down, then come back and teach him how much his "It was just luck; I'll get him this time" attitude is just wishful thinking by handing him his ass again?

Fresh Beta char, used Level 50 plus, went to Night Ward, got badge, went to Cim and walked up to Val.  Did first Mission and was introduced to Sister A.

New theory: Could it get messed up my having the Legatus badge before you do Val's Mission?  (Since iirc, Voltor did the 100 Sister Sol mission to beat down Rom enough...)

It may be one of the Midnighter Arcs causing the lack of introduction - my Rogue Water/Bio Sentinel completed said arc villside and did -not- get introduced to Alexandra Sideris.

However, my Elec/Elec Vigilante Brute -did- complete the arc both heroside -and- villside, and was introduced to Sideris.  Perhaps the villside arc from Ashley McKnight is the cause?  Will test on my Savage/Bio Hero Brute to see if he's introduced, as he's only done the heroside version.

EDIT: Savage/Bio Hero Brute that only completed Montague Castanella's Midnighter Arcs -did- get introduced to Sideris, as well.

Edited by VerdianVaungur

11 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Given the seriously bizarre state of things, and the totally inconsistent introduction, we may end up just making her unlock for owning the Sister Valeria arc completion badge instead to ensure she's accessible on every character and no matter how you do the arc.

I can't see anything in her contact data or Sister Valeria's that would explain the level of inconsistency we're seeing here.

This seems like the simplest fix to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

10 hours ago, lemming said:

I suspect Voltor's main would have done the Monty arc, but might have gotten the Cim access via Nightward first.

I'm odd that I tend to do the Monty arc and I think so far the ones that have intro'd have all done it that way.  I'll have to spot check my chars and see if I can find one to cheese.  (Or maybe I'll just head over to Beta, hmm, that might work faster...)

I honestly cannot say if my main got Cim access via Nightward.  It has been awhile and I don't keep log files as it were.  But my main has done all the arcs in the game, either live or via Ouro.

2 hours ago, Voltor said:

I honestly cannot say if my main got Cim access via Nightward.  It has been awhile and I don't keep log files as it were.  But my main has done all the arcs in the game, either live or via Ouro.

My character with most badges was able to get the intro without a problem.  I had not done the Legatus badge before Sister Val and didn't get it until the second mission.   Might be another test point

edit: Though your other alts got it with the badge.  grrr. A vexing bug

Edited by lemming
maybe not

3 hours ago, lemming said:

My character with most badges was able to get the intro without a problem.  I had not done the Legatus badge before Sister Val and didn't get it until the second mission.   Might be another test point

edit: Though your other alts got it with the badge.  grrr. A vexing bug

Yes my attack drones/farmers on alt accounts had legatus but still got the contact. 

I still say the best fix is to adjust it so that when you complete Val's arc, live or ouro, and get the badge that the contact is then opened.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Voltor said:

Yes my attack drones/farmers on alt accounts had legatus but still got the contact. 

I still say the best fix is to adjust it so that when you complete Val's arc, live or ouro, and get the badge that the contact is then opened.

Best fix would be to figure out why and quash it there, but I think this is a good way around it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have had the same issue, on my main I was not introduced but one of my alts was.

And my main has finished the midnighter arc but none of my others have.

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)

5 hours ago, lemming said:

Best fix would be to figure out why and quash it there

Yes, the best fix would be to figure this out.  I'm curious how the contact system works.  Is there a custom script that has to run per each contact?  Is there something more like a vanilla text file with the mission text and other things like contacts in a simple format?  One is obviously much easier to debug than the other, it should just be a matter of running this in isolation and testing the various code paths, which should only be a few, at most.

7 hours ago, lemming said:

Best fix would be to figure out why and quash it there, but I think this is a good way around it. 

Yes quashing the bug would be nice,  but sometimes its best to just change the conditions.   Hero Slayer and Villain Disruptor upon obtaining opens an alert on screen that a new contact is now available.   Do the same with the badge from completing Val's arc.

• Like 1

Update: well the first two of my 15 hunters ran the arc live and no introduction.  I have now sent all others thru the arc in Ouro mode, no introduction and cannot speak to her after the arc is done and my alts are back in live mode.

Edited by Voltor

Tried this on two more toons, one got the contact the other didn't, both had the exact same badges, etc..

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)