Alexandra Sideris won't give me missions

Cinnder

I completed the entire Sister Valeria arc, got my reward table and everything, and she still won't talk to me.  She says my reputation does not proceed me.  Maybe she doesn't like that I had unfavourable things to say about the new content. 😁

Unless 'Unlocked by completing the first mission in Sister Valeria's story arc' mean that she will give missions only when one is between the first and second mish in Sis Val's arc?

I have the same issue.  Reported it in-game and in the feedback thread.  Chatted with GM Crumpet on discord in response to my support ticket, and they suggested I report it here, then I found this post.  

Valeria never offered me a new contact after the first mission, and still nothing when I speak or call her after completing the arc.  

Alexandra Sideris says: Your reputation does not precede you, and because of that, I cannot be sure if you are worthy of my time.

Edited by Emerald Fusion

Having the same issue,  she never offered Alexandra Sideris as a contact during or after her arc was completed.

Changed from vigilante to hero align, same problem.

Update: my second badger, bot/poison MM, vigilante align.  Flew to Valeria and she instantly spoke to the character.  My main badger Voltor, couldn't speak to her until he did the tutorial run from the Senator in Cim.   Anyway 2nd badger was not offered Alexandra as a new contact after mission 1 of Valeria's arc. That alt is on the last mission but I am stopping it for now as I just saw notice of a hotfix coming this morning.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

• Developer

We've figured out the issue here is that if you do Sister Valeria's arc by going to Ouroboros instead of talking to her in the zone. Since Ouroboros mode does not offer contact introductions, she can't introduce you to Alexandra Sideris after the first mission.

Looks like this is working as intended and, unfortunately, there isn't a way to do a dual unlock condition. The solution here will be to go talk to Valeria in-person and complete Mission 1 of her arc outside of Ouroboros, it will then unlock Alexandra Sideris for you.

Edit: Apparently something else is going on, continuing to dig into it.

badabing.PNG.9deadad84ac6b41d9206559fb75386f8.PNG

Edited by Cobalt Arachne

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

1 hour ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

We've figured out the issue here is that if you do Sister Valeria's arc by going to Ouroboros instead of talking to her in the zone. Since Ouroboros mode does not offer contact introductions, she can't introduce you to Alexandra Sideris after the first mission.

Looks like this is working as intended and, unfortunately, there isn't a way to do a dual unlock condition. The solution here will be to go talk to Valeria in-person and complete Mission 1 of her arc outside of Ouroboros, it will then unlock Alexandra Sideris for you.

badabing.PNG.9deadad84ac6b41d9206559fb75386f8.PNG

On each character I've gone to her in person in Cim and started the arc.  

All on Torchbearer:

Emerald Fusion - Vigilante - went to her in person, did the first mission, no new contact, completed the arc, no new contact

Shadow Fusion - Villain - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

Ultra Fusion - Hero - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

Diablo Verde - Vigilante - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

and just now, less than 5 minutes ago:

Bengal Boy - went to her in person, did the first mission, NO new contact.

screenshot_220824-12-02-12.jpg

screenshot_220824-12-02-06.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Emerald Fusion said:

On each character I've gone to her in person in Cim and started the arc.  

All on Torchbearer:

Emerald Fusion - Vigilante - went to her in person, did the first mission, no new contact, completed the arc, no new contact

Shadow Fusion - Villain - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

Ultra Fusion - Hero - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

Diablo Verde - Vigilante - went to her in person, did the first mission, offered new contact

Okay that IS bizarre; I'll keep digging. 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

24 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Okay that IS bizarre; I'll keep digging. 🤔

Agreed, it IS bizarre. Thanks for digging into it!

I just ran the first mission on another character:

Tommy Tsunami - Vigilante - went to her in person, did the first mission, and she offered a new contact

I compared Tommy and Bengal Boy clues, missions, other contacts, and I can't determine why one would get it and the other would not.  So random.

screenshot_220824-12-24-29.jpg

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Could it be linked to doing the Senator's missions?   I'll have to run thru my chars and see if any have the issue.

Interesting theory.  So I checked on the two characters I did today:

Bengal Boy - did not get the new contact option

Tommy Tsunami - did get the new contact option

Both of them had already completed the Senator's missions.  He was on both of their inactive contacts tab with a full contact bar.

• Like 1

I've gone thru a few chars now and all get introduced to Alexandra after Valeria first mission.    Doubt it's lack of badges that's the issue since Voltor would have ALL the badges other than maybe the brand new ones.

My guess is there's an Ouro arc (maybe some other task?) that somehow turns off whatever flag gets set to not introduce her.  Which arc?  Not sure and with my potato of a system, will take a long time to hunt down.

This theory based on Cobalt's mention of the Ouro arc not introducing contacts as expected, but for some reason it's not for certain live chars.

If someone hasn't by the time I can check, I'll try running an Ouro arc, then going to Val right after.   My suspicion would be Sister Solaris arc, since that one helps intro Val.    Though I know one of my chars did do Sister via Ouro at least once and still got the intro from Val.

edit add: Hmm, RipRend kinda kiboshes the theory right there.

Edited by lemming
re-reading

27 minutes ago, lemming said:

I've gone thru a few chars now and all get introduced to Alexandra after Valeria first mission.    Doubt it's lack of badges that's the issue since Voltor would have ALL the badges other than maybe the brand new ones.

My guess is there's an Ouro arc (maybe some other task?) that somehow turns off whatever flag gets set to not introduce her.  Which arc?  Not sure and with my potato of a system, will take a long time to hunt down.

This theory based on Cobalt's mention of the Ouro arc not introducing contacts as expected, but for some reason it's not for certain live chars.

If someone hasn't by the time I can check, I'll try running an Ouro arc, then going to Val right after.   My suspicion would be Sister Solaris arc, since that one helps intro Val.    Though I know one of my chars did do Sister via Ouro at least once and still got the intro from Val.

edit add: Hmm, RipRend kinda kiboshes the theory right there.

Trust me it is not lack of badges that prevent her being unlocked.

All my other badgers can speak to Val, but my second one did her first mission and was not introduced.   So.......me thinks all my alts will run Val's arc in Ouro instead and when the bug is fixed ill run Val outside ouro. 

Simple fix to me this is: Complete Val's arc and the new contact is unlocked.

Fortunately all my "attack drones" on alt accounts have the new contact unlocked.  Go fig.

Edited by Voltor

Hm interesting,  an alt completed mission 1 of Val in Ouro, no introduction but I clicked Alexandra anyway and this was her text:

"It looks like you have a more important task to attend to, PlayerName. Please check in with your Task Force, Strike Force, or Signature Contact."

Playername?  Yep, I think she's broken.

Just did the mission with two alt's and after the first mission the contact bar is full and I am offered the contact.  So it was just my first toon that was effected.

Edited by RipRend
second Alt added

1 hour ago, Voltor said:

Hm interesting,  an alt completed mission 1 of Val in Ouro, no introduction but I clicked Alexandra anyway and this was her text:

"It looks like you have a more important task to attend to, PlayerName. Please check in with your Task Force, Strike Force, or Signature Contact."

Playername?  Yep, I think she's broken.

Someone did not put finish typing in the variable name for her is my guess.  You were still on the Ouro arc, yes?

• Developer

Given the seriously bizarre state of things, and the totally inconsistent introduction, we may end up just making her unlock for owning the Sister Valeria arc completion badge instead to ensure she's accessible on every character and no matter how you do the arc.

I can't see anything in her contact data or Sister Valeria's that would explain the level of inconsistency we're seeing here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Red side, best side!

I suspect Voltor's main would have done the Monty arc, but might have gotten the Cim access via Nightward first.

I'm odd that I tend to do the Monty arc and I think so far the ones that have intro'd have all done it that way.  I'll have to spot check my chars and see if I can find one to cheese.  (Or maybe I'll just head over to Beta, hmm, that might work faster...)

For anyone that wants to test on Beta, here are some badge_grant codes that might help.

/badge_grant OuroborosEnabled (Ouroboros access, also available in freebies menu)
/badge_grant CimeroraExplorer (access to Cimerora via the exit portal in Ouroboros, no Midnight Squad access) 
/badge_grant NightWardTour3 (Night Ward exploration badge, also grants Midnight Squad badge for Midnight Squad access)
/badge_grant MSMember (Midnight Squad badge for Midnight Squad access)

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added Ouro access badge