Wrong gender NPC spawn: Save the lawyers from the Circle of Thorns

RikOz

I don't know, I think the esquire part makes sense because the player is saving "the lawyers from the Circle of Thorns." So the people being saved are lawyers with their saluations in their name or title.

To be fair to lawyers though, it costs about that much to pay off law school nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if another NPC said they had to sell an arm and a leg too.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

This isn't a bug, I don't think. If you go outside and look at the NPCs walking around, you'll see plenty of NPCs named like that.

Edit: See pic. That just took a few seconds, going from one side of the KR tram to the other.

npc names.png

Edited by Greycat
Added example

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

This isn't a bug, I don't think. If you go outside and look at the NPCs walking around, you'll see plenty of NPCs named like that.

I don't think that the OP has an issue with the person having the honorific "esquire", that's standard for attorneys in America.

I think the issue that the OP is pointing out is that Warren is a man's name and the person is quite clearly female. That's why he's reporting this as a bug.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Edit: See pic. That just took a few seconds, going from one side of the KR tram to the other.

It didn't used to be that way, now it is. There's nothing in the patch notes about it. How is that not a bug?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It didn't used to be that way, now it is. There's nothing in the patch notes about it. How is that not a bug?

You are incorrect. It has been that way since live.  It's noticable if you tend to start looking for specific NPC names (such as looking for an M-name to see what it thinks you have for patrol time,) since you end up seeing a pretty thorough survey of names.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 hours ago, Greycat said:

You are incorrect. It has been that way since live.

What, really?

I think that I would remember if men regularly had female names and vice versa back on live.