[Not Chat] Text scaling

WanderingAries

Ok, so I should Probably be wearing my glasses anyway, but I've been reminded (in my latest bought of leveling to 6s) that I really can't read the majority of the text in the various game windows (outside of chat). I half-heartedly looked through the settings and only found the chat settings I'd messed with previously. What am I missing? What I Don't want to do is make the windows/menus any larger in general because they take up enough of the screen as it is.

Important Notes

• Playing on TV - 40" @ 1080p
  • Distance from TV is 8~10'

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Have you made any adjustments here? Made it easier for me before my Cataract Surgery.

1249967250_Chatscale.JPG.033820ba18892f02316f00d833754d00.JPG

Windows Scale is the only thing I know of that will increase Font size within the Menus as well, you can then shrink the Vertical size of the Windows to offset some of the scale increase, I am usually at 85% as far as Windows Scale.

Scale.JPG.a9bdb9c244e6062b86912c0bbb631cc6.JPG

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Just curious what resolution your Computer is running at? I know you said that the Display is at 1080p, but If you could go to a Higher Graphic Resolution, which usually shrinks the size of menu windows, then increase the windows scale, perhaps there is a Happy point that will Improve the Text size. You have a large area to work with so who knows, but Good Luck.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

11 hours ago, Marine X said:

Just curious what resolution your Computer is running at? I know you said that the Display is at 1080p, but If you could go to a Higher Graphic Resolution, which usually shrinks the size of menu windows, then increase the windows scale, perhaps there is a Happy point that will Improve the Text size. You have a large area to work with so who knows, but Good Luck.

It's running via HDMI to a TV that's somehow survived a decade (?), to that's a hard cap. Kinda sucks that I don't get the full 120 Hz this thing promoted, but I don't think I even got that when I was using VGA originally.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

13 hours ago, Marine X said:

Have you made any adjustments here? Made it easier for me before my Cataract Surgery.

Windows Scale is the only thing I know of that will increase Font size within the Menus as well, you can then shrink the Vertical size of the Windows to offset some of the scale increase, I am usually at 85% as far as Windows Scale.

Yeah, that first image is where you mess with the Chat window specifically. I'll have to take another look at window scale because even on the regular OS I have to mess with that depending on which computer I do general tasks on. IE: With the retina Mac when I'm browsing the internet, I have a different zoom level set for the browser.

2 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

It's running via HDMI to a TV that's somehow survived a decade (?), to that's a hard cap. Kinda sucks that I don't get the full 120 Hz this thing promoted, but I don't think I even got that when I was using VGA originally.

Of course you didn't.  I'd be shocked if you actually got 60hz through VGA.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

15 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Of course you didn't.  I'd be shocked if you actually got 60hz through VGA.

I mean, 'back in the day' we had to choose the refresh of our monitors and they were usually 72-85 Hz. 😛