Name Release: Phase Two - Timeline?

Parthenon

Apologies if this has been touched on elsewhere, but If it has I couldn’t find it. 

Is there any word from the devs on exactly how long the warning phase 1 will last? I’m holding out hope that my main name from live will open up on my server and I’m just curious if this will be a couple months or a year wait. Thanks!

I don't remember seeing any info on when it would happen, but my guess it's it would be in the next major update.  Which went live in November of last year.

If that's the case, and looking at the time frame between page 3 and page 4, you probably have several months before that happens.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Will the names of the low level characters I seem to ignore be changed to Generic 1090091 (or some such thing) or do the names remain on my screen the way they are until someone else decides that they very much want to be gHOUlieZ GotTA gO at which point I lose the name?

• City Council
16 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Will the names of the low level characters I seem to ignore be changed to Generic 1090091 (or some such thing) or do the names remain on my screen the way they are until someone else decides that they very much want to be gHOUlieZ GotTA gO at which point I lose the name?

If you have Super CoolNameGuy and he hasn't been logged on in over a year and you see the warning, you don't immediately lose the name. You may never lose the name. What happens is that if somebody else comes along and tries to create a character name Super CoolNameGuy, that character gets created and yours is renamed to Super CoolNameGuy1.

But somebody may not come along and try to create a character, in which case the name is still yours, and if you happen to log him back in at some point it resets the time and makes it so nobody can take the name.

Also important to note that the feature, by design, only works for creating new characters. If somebody tries to rename their existing Baddie McVillain to Super CoolNameGuy, the rename will fail, even if yours is past the time limit. They have to actually go through the trouble of creating a new character and maybe deleting it after.

• Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Number Six said:

If you have Super CoolNameGuy and he hasn't been logged on in over a year and you see the warning, you don't immediately lose the name. You may never lose the name. What happens is that if somebody else comes along and tries to create a character name Super CoolNameGuy, that character gets created and yours is renamed to Super CoolNameGuy1.

But somebody may not come along and try to create a character, in which case the name is still yours, and if you happen to log him back in at some point it resets the time and makes it so nobody can take the name.

Also important to note that the feature, by design, only works for creating new characters. If somebody tries to rename their existing Baddie McVillain to Super CoolNameGuy, the rename will fail, even if yours is past the time limit. They have to actually go through the trouble of creating a new character and maybe deleting it after.

That is an important point! Thank you.

3 hours ago, Number Six said:

I wonder what if Player 2 create a new Super CoolNameGuy (taking it from Payer 1), then rename it to something else, thus releasing it, then rename his old Baddie McVillain to the now-freed Super CoolNameGuy?