APP proliferation day 1: Radiation for everyone! ​☢️​

Vanden

Every non-epic AT has at least one Radiation-themed primary or secondary, yet not one of them has a Radiation-themed APP to go with it! Time to fix that.

Click this link to see my chart of APPs, which includes all the existing pools, the pools proposed in this thread and all my other APP threads, along with links to every thread, proposed pool names, and power icons.

Blaster

• Contaminated Ground
  • Valence Bonds
  • Alpha Barrier
  • Enervate
  • Mutate

Brute/Tanker

• Boost Metabolism
  • Electron Shackles
  • Neutrino Bolt
  • Radiation Infection
  • Neutron Bomb

Controller

• X-Ray Beam
  • Irradiate
  • Alpha Barrier
  • Neutron Bomb
  • Mutate

Corruptor/Defender

• Positron Cell
  • Gamma Infusion
  • Alpha Barrier
  • Mutate
  • Atom Smasher

Dominator

• Contaminated Ground
  • Boost Metabolism
  • Alpha Barrier
  • Neutron Bomb
  • Enervate

Mastermind

• Gamma Infusion
  • Proton Volley
  • Alpha Barrier
  • Devastating Blow
  • Ground Zero

Scrapper/Stalker

• Boost Metabolism
  • Electron Shackles
  • Neutrino Bolt
  • Choking Cloud
  • Neutron Bomb

Sentinel

• Contaminated Ground
  • Radioactive Smash
  • Positron Cell
  • Atom Smasher
  • Radiant Aura

The powers:

• Alpha Barrier: The basic S/L armor power from Radiation Armor. Gives resistance to Smashing, Lethal, and Toxic damage.
  • Atom Smasher: The t9 attack from Radiation Melee. A slow, powerful PBAoE Energy/Toxic attack with -Defense and a chance to stun.
  • Boost Metabolism: A self-only version of Accelerate Metabolism from Radiation Emission. A click power that slightly increases movement speed, damage, and recharge.
  • Choking Cloud: Same power from Radiation Emission. A PBAoE toggle aura that has a chance to apply a mag 2 hold to nearby enemies.
  • Contaminated Ground: A fusion of Lingering Radiation from Radiation Emission and Caltrops; a ranged location patch power that slows the movement and recharge of enemies that stand within the area, and debuffs their regeneration.
  • Devastating Blow: The t8 power from Radiation Melee. A single-target, high damage melee attack that deals Energy and Smashing damage, a -defense debuff, and has a chance to stun the target.
  • Electron Haze: The same power from Radiation Blast. A ranged cone attack that does Energy damage, -Defense, and has a chance to cause knockback.
  • Electron Shackles: From Atomic Manipulation. A ranged, single-target immobilize that does moderate Energy damage over time and debuffs the target's Defense.
  • Enervate: Like if Enervating Field and Melt Armor had a baby; a targeted AoE click debuff that reduces the damage resistance and damage of the target and all enemies near it.
  • Gamma Infusion: Like the power Gamma Boost in Radiation Armor, but as a click instead of a passive. Gives +Regeneration and +Recovery that scales based on your current HP at activation; the more HP you're missing, the higher the Regeneration buff, but the lower the +Recovery buff.
  • Ground Zero: The same power from Radiation Armor. A PBAoE attack that deals high Energy damage and minor Toxic damage to enemies while debuffing their defense, while allies in the area are healed. Does nothing at all for the caster.
  • Irradiate: The same power from Radiation Blast. A PBAoE with a hefty radius and heftier defense debuff that does long-lasting Energy damage over time.
  • Mutate: A self-affecting version of Mutation from Radiation Emission. When defeated, you can use it to rez with full health and endurance, and gain a damage, tohit, and recovery boost for a short time. However, after those buffs expire, you will have a damage and tohit debuff for a short while.
  • Neutrino Bolt: The same power from Radiation Blast. A ranged, moderate-damage attack that deals energy damage and applies a -Defense debuff. This version would have scaled-up damage and recharge from the original to make it more fitting for an APP.
  • Neutron Bomb: The same power from Radiation Blast. A ranged, targeted AoE attack that does Energy damage and applies a -Defense debuff.
  • Positron Cell: From Atomic Manipulation. A ranged, single-target hold that deals minor energy damage and reduces the target's defense.
  • Proton Volley: The same power from Radiation Blast. A snipe attack; can be used in combat for a high damage attack that gets a damage boost with ToHit buffs, or used out of a combat for a slow, interruptible attack that deals very high damage. Also debuffs defense.
  • Radiant Aura: The same power from Radiation Emission. A PBAoE click heal on a short recharge.
  • Radiation Infection: The same power from Radiation Emission. A toggled, ranged AoE debuff that reduces the defense and tohit of the target and every enemy near it.
  • Radioactive Smash: The same power from Radiation Melee. A moderate-damage melee attack that does Smashing/Energy damage, with -Defense and a chance to knockdown.
  • Valence Bonds: A ranged, targeted AoE immobilize power that does minor damage and applies a -Defense debuff.
  • X-Ray Beam: The same power from Radiation Blast. A moderate-damage ranged attack that does Energy damage and applies a -Defense debuff.
Edited by Vanden
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

I can quibble with some of the power selections, but well thought out overall. Make it so.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

By all means, quibble. The point is to have a discussion!

With respect to the ST blasts, which versions of Neutrino Bolt and X-Ray Beam? For blasters and sentinels, Neutrino Bolt is scale 1.0 and X-Ray Beam is scale 1.64. For dominators they're scale 1.0 and 2.12. For defenders and corruptors, they're scale 0.6 and 1.0. I have no problem giving Neutrino Bolt to melee classes if it's the scale 1.0 version, but not if it's the scale 0.6 version. Same with controllers and X-Ray Beam. I'm OK with them getting the scale 1.64 or 2.12 version, but not the scale 1.0 version.

I would give controllers Devastating Blow instead of Irradiate.

I would give defenders/corruptors Devastating Blow instead of Atom Smasher.

I would give scrappers/stalkers Proton Volley instead of Choking Cloud.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

56 minutes ago, Uun said:

With respect to the ST blasts, which versions of Neutrino Bolt and X-Ray Beam? For blasters and sentinels, Neutrino Bolt is scale 1.0 and X-Ray Beam is scale 1.64. For dominators they're scale 1.0 and 2.12. For defenders and corruptors, they're scale 0.6 and 1.0. I have no problem giving Neutrino Bolt to melee classes if it's the scale 1.0 version, but not if it's the scale 0.6 version. Same with controllers and X-Ray Beam. I'm OK with them getting the scale 1.64 or 2.12 version, but not the scale 1.0 version.

All versions would be the Blaster versions.

58 minutes ago, Uun said:

I would give scrappers/stalkers Proton Volley instead of Choking Cloud.

I could see swapping Neutron Bomb for Proton Volley, but not Choking Cloud. That's what I did for their Ice pool in the other thread; I put Bitter Freeze Ray in the top spot instead of an AoE attack, since BFR is basically Ice Blast's "snipe." Replacing Choking Cloud, though, would give the pool too many ranged attacks, IMO.

18 hours ago, Uun said:

I would give controllers Devastating Blow instead of Irradiate.

I would give defenders/corruptors Devastating Blow instead of Atom Smasher.

Double post. Straight-up forgot to respond to half this post.

Devastating Blow for Defenders/Corruptors: yeah, you could totally do that. I just felt like putting something unique in that spot, that's all.

Devastating Blow for Controllers: I don't know about that. They only get one heavy-duty melee attack like that across all their existing sets, and it's behind a prerequisite. Personally, I feel like Controllers mostly have single-target handled, once they get a good lockdown on a hard target and they can focus on it alone along with their pet(s), and the extra AoE would be more appreciated.

• Vanden changed the title to APP proliferation day 1: Radiation for everyone! ​☢️​