Paragon University ((Open RP))

American Valor

PCU-Stodent Union 

Jem grinned at Rasputin while Gram just began to softly purr while she scratched it behind its ears.

"He don't hate anybody. He's just a little purr machine. We're family. You got a critter in their?"

Jem watched Rasputin with intrest wondering what she had.

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

"You got a critter in their?"

"Just Grout," Rasputin answered as if that explained everything.  "Grout prefers the bag when we're in class.  Otherwise it's too tempted to bite someone."

She unzipped her backpack and pulled out a small mass of greasy-looking, dirty brown fur.  The creature's body resembled a guinea pig or small groundhog while it's face looked more like a sewer rat.  The ears were small, furry, and pointed.  It's racoon-like feet tipped with sharp claws.

"This's Grout," the girl said, plopping her bag on the chair beside her and setting the animal on top of it.  Grout half-heartedly snapped a mouthful of sharp teeth at her hand before settling down to glare at the human across from it and anyone else in the general vicinity.

((Sorry for the delay on this...been wrestling with how this fits in with in-game stuff. So without further ado...))

Written with American Valor

PCU - Tori's Apt

On 6/30/2023 at 6:16 PM, American Valor said:

Krys listened and then just kissed Tori pushing her up aganist the cabinet then nipping her neck. She whispered

"We're free."

As she softly breathed and nibbled Tori's earlobe. Krys understood just fine. 

Tori hums happily at Krys' attention.

"Uh, Krys..."

"Mmmhm yea..."

Krys replied in a low moan guiding them to the couch.

“Tell me about your sensi.” Tori asks as the sit on the couch.

"Our sensi is a woman who aided us in leaving the fightpits. She had watched me fight and wanted me. She got both of us as I refused to go without Liv. I soon learned what that meant to have a charge. Sensi YuriKa was heavy handed with punishments and training. She commanded her minions with but a whisper. They did as instructed, lived and died at her word. That is who my Sensi was. No one speaks her name."

Tori sighs. "That's not how it has to be. Not how it should be. That traditional cruel training is just wrong."

“Let’s change that. Let’s learn together. I love training people but I’m sure there’s some things you could teach me as well.”

She looks at Krys and smiles.

Krys nodded and squeezed Tori's hand with a grin

RP on Everlast: 

Primary: Tenaxa (Victoria (Tori) Hanes-Sykes); at least 5 versions and counting

And pretty much any other character I play.

((Also, welcome VacaHombre!!!))

RP on Everlast: 

Primary: Tenaxa (Victoria (Tori) Hanes-Sykes); at least 5 versions and counting

And pretty much any other character I play.

PCU-Student Union

This's Grout," the girl said, plopping her bag on the chair beside her and setting the animal on top of it

Jem stared at Grout with wide eyes shee had never seen a critter like that. Grams reaxtion was a bit different and he zipped into Jems bib and peeked over it.

"Wow  so cool Ras, Did you say ya callem Grout? Can I petem, I promise I won't hurt em honest."

Jem said fishin into her pocket for one of Gram's treats which smelled like tuna.

FBSA Home Page

Rasputin stared first at Jem and then at Grout.

Pet.... Grout?

The two words didn't seem to fit together.  Like asking someone if they could cook their ice cream.

"That would... probably be inadvisable," she said.  "Grout isn't thrilled when touch it.  For others, it's much more violent."

A thought fell through the creases of her brain like a coin through a vending machine.

"Unless you're un-bite-able?"

No.  Not a word.

"Un-puncture-able?"

Wrong.  Think.

"Invulnerable.  Yes, that one."  She glanced at the eyes peering from the other girl's bib-overalls.  "Sorry, it seems to have upset the Gram."

PCU - Student Union 

Jem laughed a little and gave the treat to Gram and then fished into her pocket for another treat.

"Oh Gram wants to eat. I sat down with no food, Will Grout let me give him a treat? If he tries to bite me, I'll let him so he won't get hurt."

Jem sighed,

"Remember I said I was a Mutie." she whispered "Easy rock."

Jem's right hand shifted into a multifactorial crystal with a slight rainbow flickering.

"Please don't freak out Ras."

Jem looked at both Grout and Rasputin reaction...

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Statesman locker

The Statesmen were on a winning streak. The coaches and team had flown back late Sunday and were required to be on the field by 9:00 am on Monday.

When the players arrived It was to a large group supporters and fans. The players came outta the tunnel as if heading to a game led by the Cheerleaders and Statey

the mascot leading the chant;

"Here we go Statesmen. way to win!! Go Team Go"

As the players ran out they gave Hi fives and handshakes to Statesmen Boosters.

Then the clapping and foot stomping started first leading the way was John Gage the #1 Fullback in the NEC, followed by Mike 'The Club' Bana the #1 Linebacker, leader in tackles and sacks in the NEC and then following right behind them both was Maxell 'The Bullet' Drake the #1 Quaterback in the NEC. 

As they exited the tunnel the crowed roared the three players reacted as expected hamming it up for the Boosters and Fans, The boys knew who paid the bills. 

Three cheerleaders appeared to break ranks and ran for the players the head cheerleader Sandi latched onto John Gage, cheerleader Summer grabbed the Clubs large arm and walked with Him.  Max had only a moment to react as the cheerleader leap into his arms and kisssed him. Max wrapped his arms around J-Tom  returning the kiss in a big florish and then released her as they followed the others into the conference room.

FBSA Home Page

2 hours ago, American Valor said:

"Please don't freak out Ras."

Rasputin seemed to miss the last comment altogether, seemingly oblivious to any tension in her companion.  She simply nodded approvingly at the girl's hand.

"Iridescence," she noted briefly in an aside.

"That looks sturdy enough," she continued.  "Grout doesn't like people, but he does like food."

And indeed, the creature was eyeing Jem's treat greedily.  Fully prepared to snap it out of her hand. (Along with a couple fingers, if he had to)

((Sorry about the abrupt silence. RL had to take priority for a while.))

PCU - Library

Professor Coburn lounges comfortably in a reading chair in the periodicals section,  A copy of the latest "Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research" lays open on her lap. On the table next to her stands a reading lamp and a lidded thermal container of some sort of beverage. At her feet rests a worn canvas satchel that has a few singed spots and for those with sensitive noses, smells faintly of sulfur and ash.

A generic ringtone emerges from the canvas bag at her feet and the professor moves with the reflexes one develops when avoiding falling rocks is a basic life saving skill. With a guilty expression and a quiet, "Sorry!" she digs out her cell and silences it. A slight frown appears on Meg's face and after a quick text she turns her phone off and slips it back into her satchel.

One stretch and drink of her beverage later, Meg's back to reading her Journal.

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

((OOC WB Saeletra 🙂 ))

PCU - Student Union 

And indeed, the creature was eyeing Jem's treat greedily.  Fully prepared to snap it out of her hand. (Along with a couple fingers, if he had to)

Jem moved over and lowered her hand to Grout. Jem stilled smelled like herself which Grout noted but the hand didn't feel the same as Rasputin's either. Jem took out a second treat with her left hand and brought it over to replace the first which Grout had alreaady taken and was eating.  She placed the other in the palm of her right hand. She kept her left hand near and low to show she wasn't a threat as she went to touch Grout with her left hand.

"It's Okay you're safe Grout see I'm a new friend." Jem sang softly.

FBSA Home Page

Had Jem's palm still been flesh, it would have been ripped to shreds given the ferocity with which Grout attacked the second treat.  Clutching it tightly in its paws, Grout gave an angry huff at the second hand that came in to touch it.

Yet it allowed it.  This new monkey may be insultingly bold, but lunging for her eyeballs would mean dropping its prize.  And that was unspeakable.

"How magnanimous," Rasputin murmured in the creature's direction.  Though whether she was talking about Jem or Grout was unclear.

"I would offer the Gram something in return, but I'm afraid all I have with me are suckers."

PCU - Library

A loud crash came from the stacks followed by a cascade of books falling and the sounds of someone being rained on by books. 

Now sitting in a pile of books was the mop of red hair and a sneaker sticking out from under the pile, nothing else of the student could be seen. They had effectively buried themselves in books.

((Tag))

Edited by American Valor
spl

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Student Union 

With her left hand Jem touched then petted Grout his fur was brisly and seemed a bit greasy but dry to the touch.  Jem giggled,

"Well Ras if the suckers is tuna flavored I'm sure Gram would try it."

She smiled while still petting Grout. Grout finished its second treat and nipped at Jem left hand its sharp teeth making the snitck noise.

"Hey watch it Grout you could hurt yourself."

Jem smiled at Grout as her hand turned back to regular she sat, placing Gram back on the table near Rasputin. The kitten looked at Jem then at Rasputin and meowed at Rasputin waiting to be petted.

FBSA Home Page

45 minutes ago, American Valor said:

"Well Ras if the suckers is tuna flavored I'm sure Gram would try it."

"Mostly fruit," she replied.  "I prefer the maple."

47 minutes ago, American Valor said:

The kitten looked at Jem then at Rasputin and meowed at Rasputin waiting to be petted.

Rasputin stared at the kitten, turning her head at different angles.  Finally, her eyes never leaving the animal, she wiped her hands on a napkin and slowly reached forward.

Her fingers were rigid with her middle and pointer fingers extended in a hooked, claw-like pose.  She carefully moved to place them on the kitten's head and begin scratching with all the tension and caution that one would use to defuse a bomb.

PCU - Library

A loud cascade of books falling has Meg out of her comfy chair in a heartbeat. The professor takes a beat to identify where the sound came from and if there are other dangers she should be aware of. By habit her canvas satchel is slung over her shoulder as she moves towards the sounds of the books falling.

"Crap." Meg kneels near the red hair and starts to carefully remove books from the downed person. The professor speaks softly as she works "Hey, Hey! Hey? Are you OK? Can you move your fingers and toes? What's your name?"

Though her voice is soft in volume, its timber is rich and warm. Concern is written in her violate eyes and across her furrowed brow.

PCU-Student Union 

Gram began purring and started rubbin all over Rasputins hand. Weather he noticed the cool touch it was ingored as Gram siimply wanted attention. After thoroughly rubbin his scent all over Rasputin's he yawned widely and strolled over to Jem.

"mew mew meow" with the cutest kitten face Jem had seen.

Jem laughed. "Okay okay we'll get food. So needy you are."

She laughed and petted Gram who just mewed more...

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Library 

Their were books all types all sizes. She wanted to shout for help then imagined some type pf Hero response. She refused to cry out mortified if one came to help her, or what if it was Ms Binks. She stopped squriming when she felt the books moving and the soft voice.

21 hours ago, Saeletra said:

"Crap." Meg kneels near the red hair and starts to carefully remove books from the downed person. The professor speaks softly as she works "Hey, Hey! Hey? Are you OK? Can you move your fingers and toes? What's your name?"

As Meg pulls the book off the girls head, she sees very young looking face of a girl with a few freckles across the bridge of her perky nose.

The young girl spoke quietly with a smile.

"Um Yes I'm okay. Are you asking me to dance, or do you think I'm broken? My name... People call me Liv, What's yours?"

She held up a book of US cartography towards the woman.

"Is this that Robert guys treasure maps diary book?"

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Library

35 minutes ago, American Valor said:

"Um Yes I'm okay. Are you asking me to dance, or do you think I'm broken? My name... People call me Liv, What's yours?"

She held up a book of US cartography towards the woman.

"Is this that Robert guys treasure maps diary book?"

Professor Coburn grins as she continues to remove books and stacking them neatly.  "Hey Liv, I'm Professor Coburn, afraid dancing's not my thing."  Once the books are stacked to the side, Meg takes a couple steps back, giving Liv room too get up on her own.

"Are you looking for "Treasure Island"? It's been a while since I've read it and I think there was a map  in it. But If you're looking for an actual Diary of treasure maps, I got nothing." After a pause she adds. "What shelf was that book on?"

3 hours ago, American Valor said:

PCU-Student Union 

As the kitten trotted away, Rasputin pulled back her hand.  Bringing the palm up near her face, she stared at it intently.  Again and again her eyes traced over every finger, ridge, and fold.

"Microbes.  Particulate.  Single-celled organisms.  Do they carry over?  Will they stay?  If there's enough, can it change anything?"

Rasputin's fingers traced over the palm of her hand as a couple flies buzzed about her head.  For a few moments she was lost in her own thoughts.

She wasn't sure what eventually brought her back to the present.  Did Jem say something to her; did she just come back to herself on her own?  She couldn't say.  Wait, a word.  A word was said.

"What?  Food?" she fumbled a bit with her words, waving away the circling flies.

PCU - Library

Liv stood up brushing off her backside like a kid. At just over 5'ft Liv wore a cropped sleeveless Statesman t-shirt, well worn hip hugger jeans with white vintage converse high tops.  Her ginger top fell into posh place as her green eyes scanned Professor Coburn from head to foot and back to her face. 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, Saeletra said:

"Are you looking for "Treasure Island"? It's been a while since I've read it and I think there was a map  in it. But If you're looking for an actual Diary of treasure maps, I got nothing." After a pause she adds. "What shelf was that book on?"

"Oh Yes thats it Treasure Island. Ooh I hope no one took the map gonna need that she said. This one was on the top, Um Aaa Hmm??"

Liv starred at Professor Coburn with a quzzical look as if trying to figure out how to address her. Then finally;

"So Coburn you look like an adventurer. I already got one partner But since ya rushed to help me I can offer ya a full share, What do you say?"

Liv extended her right hand to Professor Coburn witth a serious grin.

FBSA Home Page

PCU-Student Union 

On 7/28/2023 at 7:53 AM, VacaHombre said:

"What?  Food?" she fumbled a bit with her words, waving away the circling flies.

Jem giggled and with a smile scooped up Gram into her bib, Leaving her guitar case and backpack at the table Jem called Rasputin to follow her into the short line which was salads and sandwiches.

"Are you on the food plan, if not its on me. My parents got me the ultimate food plan. It goes to waste as I only can eat so much. Ya know what I mean?" 

One of the staff saw the purple haired girl and started to put together her food; adding an extra scoop of tuna to the salad and a second tunafish sandwich as it was Monday track. 

FBSA Home Page

"A plan... yes, I have that," Rasputin said as she followed Jem.  "It was included with my education."

She went behind the other girl, getting a tuna sandwich that she added radish slices to.  A spoonful of croutons joined it as a side.

"Is the ultimate-ness of the food plan quantifiable?  I have found many labels such as 'mega', 'extreme', 'maximum' and the like to be mostly platitudes when it comes to purchasable goods and services.  I hope your's makes good on its boast."

PCU-Dorms

The weekend had gone smoothly,  The PCU Statesmen won the football game by 2 touch downs, the Dorms had parties any excuse but football was a;ways a good one;

Tori and Krys chatted well into the night with Krys hugging and giving Tori  a goodnight kiss. The Rest of the weekend went by quickly. The Ladies met up through out the weekend to train and practiced together. 

Monday came faster then expected and with that classes...

Alie

With classes  comes schoolwork a quick stop ny the copy shop and all of Alie's homework was ready to turn in. Alie simply dropped off the class work with each TA and moved to the next class in 30 minutes she was back at her computer revising the plan since Krys had got it compromised and she knew better. Liv had been a good distraction with shoppin and having fun but for real combat was almost useless But even in combat a timed distraction could change the outcome. Alie continued working.

Krys

Krys attended the dorm parties between training she kept her distance from Liv as best she could hoping if she messed up only she would be punished, Krys told Alie everything, Alie told her but she hadn't listened and endangered them all, As Alie put it if they complete the contract then maybe punishment might be dismissed. As of now they could only hope. Now she slept in with a pillow covering her head.

Liv

Kept trying to do her class work and went to the Library

((all caught up on toons))

Edited by American Valor
edit

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Library

23 minutes ago, American Valor said:

... green eyes scanned Professor Coburn from head to foot and back to her face.

Meg appears to be in her late 20's or early 30's. When she's standing, she's around 5'7" or 5'8". She's a brunette, on the darker side with shoulder length hair pulled back into a pony tail. Her features are lovely enough but wouldn't stand out in a crowd. In fact the only really non average thing about Meg are her eyes, the irises area pleasant violet color.

The professor is wearing a white tank top with a sturdy belt, khaki pants, and a pair hiking boots. The boots have a thick tread look worn but well cared for, save for few spots that look scorched on the surface. She has the aforementioned satchel slung over her shoulder. And a light weight but sturdy jacket tied about her waist.

"I'm not really a librarian, but I do know that a book of fiction isn't usually shelved in the periodicals section."

5 hours ago, American Valor said:

"So Coburn you look like an adventurer. I already got one partner But since ya rushed to help me I can offer ya a full share, What do you say?"

Liv extended her right hand to Professor Coburn witth a serious grin.

Meg's smile turns from warmth to a professionally pleasant smile. "I'm not really an adventurer, Liv. My life pretty much revolves around Volcanoes and the study of them. Besides, I rarely have  free time, and I have an obligation to dash off  when a country requests the assistance of my team."

Rather than accepting the handshake, Meg takes a step back to assess the situation.