Should I remake as a Brute? WP/Psi

Kinestron

I have to say on a tanker I've been underwhelmed with Psi Melee. I have some old missions that are 39 and I'm currently 43 yet it still takes a few hits to defeat each foe despite over 90% damage on most attacks(still not fully IO'd with sets). It is depressing when you see your Vet powers(Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff) affect the health bar more than your own attacks. Compared to my Fire/Stone tank it seems to take forever to whittle down mobs yet when I've been on other teams, psi is kicking ass sometimes appearing to out-damage one of my blasters. It is usually a Brute though. Is Psi Melee weak or just weak on tankers? I've noticed in this forum I don't really see anyone making a Psi melee tanker. Willpower rocks of course, as always.

I pretty much have the same view as with my Shield/Kinetic melee. For all the theatrical, time consuming animations it seems to have underwhelming damage for a Brute and at least my build, the defense is mediocre as I find myself using inspirations too often.

Edited by Kinestron

Psi Melee isn't great and on a Tanker you'll be doubly slowed down if you're mostly soloing. It gets better once you get Mass Levitate and have a Forcefeedback proc in it.

It won't get much better on a Brute but at least you'll do more damage, but either way prepare to see yourself slowed once fighting psi resistant mobs like robots.

Kinetic Melee -also- is not amazing at the moment Brute or not. I find it more useful paired with something like Fire Armor since a Force Feedback proc in Burst speeds up everything but it's a set that works best only using the first three attacks and nothing that does that will do good damage.

• Thanks 1

My first character on Homecoming was a Rad/Psi Tanker. Did not find the set bad but she did not really inspire me to continue playing her post 50 or to try Psi Melee again.

Night before last I started a Psi/Dark Brute. Maybe it is the benefit of being low level backed by Fury, but Psi Melee seems fairly effective.  I will have to see how it holds up as he levels.

• Thumbs Up 1