The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Please Help! Multiple Base entrances

freddy456

so I spent about 7 hours tinkering with my sg and then I noticed that I have more than one entrance, I tried to move the second entrance and it created a third entrance, not I have three...I moved those and now I have 4... how do I delete the entrances or can a GM delete them for me... clicking on the extra entrances only creates more, and when I try to remove the room its in I give me a prompt that I have objects in the room that need to be deleted, I tried also to delete the entrance with the room object finder but its greyed out there

Have you reset the base by logging out of the game?

Sometimes, if you are running the base instance for long periods of time, especially in edit mode, the information build up becomes too much for the system. 

Item fx are especially wonky.  I had a skybox fx from someone else's base stick to my character long after I'd left their base and entered my own.  It was sticking to me even as I was in my own base in edit mode.  I literally had to log out of the game to get rid of it.

ETA

The only other option I can think of is to submit a support ticket and see if a GM can fix it.  https://support.homecomingservers.com/

You can also ping an on duty GM in discord by using @OnDuty

Just to confirm, if you're Only seeing it in the editor, then it's likely what a few of us have seen (but doesn't appear to be affecting the base's functionality). If you get anything out of it explanation wise, then by all means post it, but I've yet to see it as an issue so far.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Retired Game Master

I was in contact with the original reporter. This was not the only incident where this has happened, and it is something others can see in the base.

After the base instance was reset the player reported the base portals turned into vanguard portals and were able to be removed as normal.

If this happens to your base you can contact a GM and request they shut down your base instance to correct it, or make sure it remains empty long enough for the server to shut down the instance.

I was in contact with the original reporter. This was not the only incident where this has happened, and it is something others can see in the base.

After the base instance was reset the player reported the base portals turned into vanguard portals and were able to be removed as normal.

If this happens to your base you can contact a GM and request they shut down your base instance to correct it, or make sure it remains empty long enough for the server to shut down the instance.

For a solo group, being offline for say 12-20hrs should work for a reset period right?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)