Original Account

Caithos

Just found out about homecoming today and decided to download the game. I played for about 5 years and it was a great game, I am glad to see it back up and running. So my quick question is about my original CoX account. Can I still access it or do I have to start a completely new one and level from the ground up? I searched the forums for a similar topic and couldn't find one so I apologize if this has been answered before. Thanks, 

Mike

• Like 1

Homecoming requires new accounts, since the game's original account data disappeared when NCSoft pulled the plug on Paragon Studios & CoH back in 2012. Even if that data were still around, HC wouldn't have access to it anyway - or likely want to, since it'd contain a bunch of private information and billing details. The only interaction with old information will spring from any local files (IE, if you still have your old CoH folders with saved costumes, AE files, etc. on your computer, Homecoming can access/build off of that).

Fortunately, a lot of the more grind-y aspects of the game have been toned down or outright removed, allowing for a much more ready 'pick up and play' approach. Combined with a number of powerset tweaks and revamps, it makes it pretty easy to get an old favorite character from 'remade at level 1' to '50 and filly kitted out again.'

Glad to have you back!

Edited by El D
  • Like 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

13 hours ago, Caithos said:

Just found out about homecoming today and decided to download the game. I played for about 5 years and it was a great game, I am glad to see it back up and running. So my quick question is about my original CoX account. Can I still access it or do I have to start a completely new one and level from the ground up? I searched the forums for a similar topic and couldn't find one so I apologize if this has been answered before. Thanks

Different team, different servers.  You'll have to start over, but revel in the experience and welcome home again!

14 hours ago, El D said:

Homecoming requires new accounts, since the game's original account data disappeared when NCSoft pulled the plug on Paragon Studios & CoH back in 2012. Even if that data were still around, HC wouldn't have access to it anyway - or likely want to, since it'd contain a bunch of private information and billing details.

JUUUUUUST as a nitpick... no, the team wouldn't have billing information even if they had character information. We have Homecoming (and the other servers) because the *game* servers were backed up. Billing would have been handled somewhere completely different inside of NC and would and  could not have been part of the server code, even if someone had wanted to back it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.