Solo scrapper help

ceto555

Hello,

I'm looking to make a strictly solo scrapper to mission level to50 and then solo whatever I can. I've narrowed it down to spines/fire or dark melee/fire. Which of these two would give me an easier time?

Thanks

Fire is typically used for a very specific set of farm missions, or to be played in group settings. Electric to a lesser extent as well.

Their very resistence based with the only defense coming from io sets and power pools.

This makes them tricky in the overall survivability department.

And spines excels at aoe damage but is weaker in single target. So you need to decide if you want to solo lots of mobs, or hard mobs, or both.

If it's both, probabaly go dm shield. Elec is another popular pair for shield as the double port nuke melts lts and under leaving you with just the bosses to fight.

Willpower is another strong secondary and replaced regen as the scrapper set of choice back in the day. Claws, katana. Martial arts were all really popular choices to pair with wp when it was new. But it will work well with any attack set.

I e been reading that energy armor and radiation armor are as useful to a scrapper as willpower, and rad melee is comparable to dark melee but havent tested them myself.

But that gives you some more flavor options.

Staff is also solid, but it never gave me that "scrapper" feel. It actually reminded me of an axe/axe warrior in guild wars two, who's motto is "spin to win". Its easy, and it's safe. But not particularly exciting.

Bio armor can be very strong if you learn to manage your armor stance. But its ugly, and even the minimal effects are dominating on your character.

I e been reading that energy armor and radiation armor are as useful to a scrapper as willpower, and rad melee is comparable to dark melee but havent tested them myself.

Radiation melee is slow, but heavy hitting. It also has a mechanic which spreads damage around from its single-target attacks if you attack the right target. I liked it enough to have two character with it (Rad/Shield Scrapper and Rad/Fire Brute).

Radiation Armor is wonderful but I get the impression most people do not realize all the things it brings to the table Solid protections, a heal, great endurance supply (basically you get a second Stamina power), a continuously up absorption shield (if slotted for it), a recharge bonus, and it debuffs enemies defenses.

Hmm. . .despite having a DM/Elec Brute that is pretty awesome, I am now thinking about the potential behind a DM/Rad.

Edit: Should add, Rad Melee does not bring the variety of tools to the table that Dark Melee does. It does not regain endurance, its life regain attack requires a precondition on top of needing to hit, and it has nothing like Soul Drain.

I'm pretty partial to Rad/Bio.  Also posted a level 50 build in the rad/bio build assistance topic.  Granted we didn't actually mission level, but could have the way this build plays in lower level task forces when level synced down to them.  It also can solo AVs and some GMs (albeit very very slowly).  Did Scrapyard this morning down to 75% before someone else showed up to assist.

So if you're not sold on your current option then rad/bio is kind of insane.

Have fun and good luck in whatever you choose in this insane amount of options game!!