Sheathed swords

doc_miller

I've seen a number of characters that have sheathed swords either on their back or at their waist. I remember seeing a post about it somewhere (probably reddit) but don't remember any details, and I can't find it here (which is on me).

Can I get a link, hint, headstart, something?

as far as i know there is no sheathing of PC weapons (although we get tons of "redraw")  Certain NPCs have sheathed weapons I believe.  We get no functional sheathing of actual in game weapons.  No quivers.  Wait, i think there is a quiver.  ENDLESS arrows.  

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

as far as i know there is no sheathing of PC weapons (although we get tons of "redraw")  Certain NPCs have sheathed weapons I believe.  We get no functional sheathing of actual in game weapons.  No quivers.  Wait, i think there is a quiver.  ENDLESS arrows.  

Oh dear, I think Snarky slept through the Page 4 changes. 😛

@doc_miller you can see the option Shadeknight is referring to in my screenshot. Click that so that the swords are crossed will show the weapon sheathed on your back.

sheath.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

6 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Oh dear, I think Snarky slept through the Page 4 changes. 😛

@doc_miller you can see the option Shadeknight is referring to in my screenshot. Click that so that the swords are crossed will show the weapon sheathed on your back.

sheath.png

disappearing weapons have always irked me.  this is nice.

Just now, Snarky said:

Samesies. It's quite amusing with Titan Weapons, especially for those into anime lol.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

3 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

So a dumb question from someone who's at work and can't check for himself but needs to know RIGHT NOW - is the "sheathed axe" just a specific axe style, or can all weapon styles be sheathed?

All of the weapons that can be sheathed maintain their own look. Vanguard power weapons "turn off" when sheathed - so it's just a stick in your backside.

Weapons sheathe onto your back except for the ones in the Katana power set. Those go to your belt. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

I know, right?  I've been asking for this across multiple games for about 25 years now.  Finally got it, and it's in my favorite game.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

3 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

All of the weapons that can be sheathed maintain their own look. Vanguard power weapons "turn off" when sheathed - so it's just a stick in your backside.

A couple styles can't be sheathed.  Fire and Ice - Elemental swords for instance (the one where it's just a sword of fire) and I think the swords taken from Greater Fire Sword/Greater Ice Sword as well.  But the number that are excluded are very few.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.