Farm nerfs

Snarky

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

*shrugs*

I'm not going to begrudge bug fixes on either side of the issue. Advantage, disadvantage, whatever.  Sorry if that doesn't fit the narrative you want to build about us evil, crybaby farmers, Ohm.

I don't want, nor need, to 'build a narrative'.  Y'all are doing it just fine on your own.  "Please Proceed, Senator."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

9 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I started making a new Smashing/Lethal farm last night. Good luck nerfing that. No Flame Sword for one. 

Give them time, test server is more fun to solo as no worries about influence. 

Make ya favourite toon and no grinding for costumes 🙂

40 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Inevitably, any power set they change will have some effect on the AE. It can't be avoided and changes should not be avoided just because they affect AE.

That's my feeling.  I want to bring my Bio/Fire tank out to test out the changes, but don't know if I'll have the time before release.  In any case, it's a fun char.

6 hours ago, Krimson said:

That's pretty much what I do. But the Brute wasn't made for farming. S/L was capped because it made sense. The only reason she became a farmer was that I noticed things were dying really fast.

Well i never put def on Dark armor.  I believe that stealth, to hit debuff, stun and fear are the defenss in Dark.  But in a S/L farm i would build it to softcap.  

On 10/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, Krimson said:

I find that about 32 DEF is sufficient for farming. 45 is great, but you can get by with less. 

I think the fun part will be seeing how many players just hold on to Fire as the go-to farming for as long as possible. With Fire Armor, you just have to look at it cross-eyed and your Fire Res is capped. Smashing/Lethal always has been and always will be superior, but builds take more effort. So players are just going to grasp onto Fire as if their life depends on it, and never consider diversifying. 

I wonder how a stone(non granite) build would do. gotta look at one.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:07 PM, momentarygrace said:

nosferatu-vampire.gif

Count Orlok!  Nooooooo!

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 10/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, Lines said:

If the buff says it will award double xp, then it should award double xp. If it isn't awarding double xp, something is wrong.

If you want more, it may be worth putting in a suggestion so that a higher xp multiplier can be implemented properly.

Take a look at the screenshot from 2019, If AE XP was halved back then wouldn't that mean that double XP pre Page 4 was not really double XP but less than that?

Now post Page 4 is what double up triple down? so either way that is less than what the actual double XP rate should be given the 50% cut in 2019 right?

Screenshots_2022-10-18-22-53-37.thumb.png.4d95b94d8f25bd92d3d412fc3027e5c3.png

Edited by Infinitum
  • Confused 2

To elaborate - I vaguely remember this - hell, I vaguely remember what happened 5 minutes ago so I could be completely off here. But AE at the beginning was lightning fast with the boosters, so the rewards were halved vs normal content per the patch notes above.  I think I remember stories of hitting 50 in a little over an hour.  Sadly I missed out on that craziness because I joined Homecoming 3 months after it's opening - and didn't partake in farming until nearly a year later.

If the booster were the source of the bug and it was actually triple XP shouldn't the AE rewards be reverted to normal now that the bug has been fixed?  Otherwise like I said it is double XP up but triple nerf down - so it is actually slower than what was intended at this point.

It makes no difference to me because the extended AE time is actually increasing the Influence gained for a run from 1-50 which is all I have ever used AE for.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:56 PM, Krimson said:

I'm sure you could get the survivability down. Generally for farming, you want a secondary that is going to help with damage somehow. I'm not familiar with the set, so I haven't tested it. However, my shiny new farmer is a Bio/Savage Tanker and even pre Interface and pre Hybrid, I am already out performing my others farmers. I even discovered, so long as I keep Rugged Inspirations handy for when I am fighting three or more mobs, that I can do fire just fine. 

My main farmer is Savage/Fire brute. Do you run one of those as well, and if so how does your bio/savage compare?

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

On 10/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, flakoff said:

Give them time, test server is more fun to solo as no worries about influence. 

Make ya favourite toon and no grinding for costumes 🙂

I always see this response given. I'd like to counter: Why should I team with you to get to 50?

I can team with you after I'm 50, but why specifically, do I need to team with you to get to 50? *You is a general stand-in by the way!*

Do you need help with mishs? I can still do that on my 50 with you. Is there some benefit to me being on the team that you absolutely MUST have?

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 10/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, Krimson said:

I find that about 32 DEF is sufficient for farming. 45 is great, but you can get by with less. 

I think the fun part will be seeing how many players just hold on to Fire as the go-to farming for as long as possible. With Fire Armor, you just have to look at it cross-eyed and your Fire Res is capped. Smashing/Lethal always has been and always will be superior, but builds take more effort. So players are just going to grasp onto Fire as if their life depends on it, and never consider diversifying. 

I have a Fire/Energy that can do it decently I think. It's very easy to get S/L defense, less effort than fire actually. Or res, doesn't matter

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 hours ago, Seed22 said:

I always see this response given. I'd like to counter: Why should I team with you to get to 50?

I can team with you after I'm 50, but why specifically, do I need to team with you to get to 50? *You is a general stand-in by the way!*

Do you need help with mishs? I can still do that on my 50 with you. Is there some benefit to me being on the team that you absolutely MUST have?

I have no idea what you are on about, honestly. 

• Like 1

Well before it was 2, which was actually 3, but it really was not because of AE xp scalar constant C but then they changed (fixed) C to a different value.  Possibly more than once and now they have modified the multiplier.  Do you get it now?

Edited by Snarky

35 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Well before it was 2, which was actually 3, but it really was not because of AE xp scalar constant C but then they changed (fixed) C to a different value.  Possibly more than once and now they have modified the multiplier.  Do you get it now?

Sorry my cold blooded hero I was meaning @Seed22

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I believe another look needs to be taken regarding this.   

If the ultimate goal is to nerf AE farms and leveling speed then these changes accomplish that fairly well - if the expressed goal was balance and bug fix it feels off from what an XP run should generate - if the goal was to limit influence in AE then these changes failed.

It takes roughly 25-50% longer to make a run 1 to 50 now in AE.  Again - doesn't matter to me either way, but at first glance I believe the initial HC opening nerfs on AE were overlooked when making the changes in Page 4 occurred.

• Thumbs Up 3