Oh nice! Mercs MMs got a buff! And it's Halloween too!

Vhalidictes

Me: "WOW, the patch notes look AWESOME! Let me get on my L26 Mercs/Sonic duo and shoot things up!"

Game: "LOL U know it's Halloween event..."

Me: "Oh right! Door trick or treating! Let's DO THIS!"

Game: "LOL Giant Grim Reaper EB answers the door and 1-shot U. And all your mercs despawn."

Me: "Whoa. That was weird, but it's not like that happens all the time. And trick or treating in Sharkhead should be just as much XP as newspaper missions and just as fun?"

Game: "Ha no. Have a Mummy EB answer the door and 1-shots both or ur toons."

Me: "Um. Okay, so I guess that even though I'm Sonic and shouldn't actually need Bodyguard and it nerfs the crap out of my Damage-out I can just put everything on Defensive. It's not like there's an EB behind every door... right?"

Game: "HAHAHA. EB Sorceress Loves AOEs ur everything!"

Me: Solitaire is fun, right? Yeah, let's play cards...

More seriously - what's up with the EB door spawns? Has this been a thing for long? Also, I only have two characters, why would EBs spawn for such a tiny team? Basically, is Trick or Treating completely different since Homecoming launched and I just never noticed?

Edited by Vhalidictes
left out questions, had to add them in to the end
  • Haha 1

Yeah, the devs stated in a different post the mechanics behind why this was happening and that the time crunch precluded fixing it this season but will fix for the future.  With that said, there is almost always a large League running in both PI and Kallisti Wharf where you can get in on the badge/Aether fun.  If your goal is to knock on doors alone, maybe see if pulling up a Ouroboros mission below 25 will exemp you down to where you could door knock in say Talos and EBs shouldn't be in the mix (I have not tested that theory).  Also, as a side note, I sat next to the Banner of Scorn in IP with a level 43 MM/Trap Merc with the boys on auto-fire and just wiped them as they spawned for 15 minutes, almost like the door experience except no badges.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 10/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, biostem said:

Too bad you can't have one of your MM minions knock on the door, so they take the initial aggro...

"Hey, Charlie's wearing a red shirt today..."

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝