Alternate teleport animations (recycled from other powers)

Menelruin

Low priority I know, but just wondering if it's possible for the dev team to steal the animations from other powers and use it in place of the default Teleport animation, to fit better with various character themes.  For example:

Geode:  Just have the character seal in stone, then burst out elsewhere, as if they'd burrowed underground incredibly fast.

Lightning Rod:  This move is already a teleport, isn't it?  Just apply the same visual effects to the travel power.

Also, is there a "dark" color theme for it?  Like, let it turn jet black, as if you're using Shadowstep or something.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would like to add the zip-kick animation from Martial Blaster secondary's 'Burst of Speed' and Speed pool's 'Spring Attack,' specifically as an option for Combat Teleport, but not baseline Teleport or Mystic Flight's Translocation, as those are too long cast time for the animation to look nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Could also pull from the summoning of henchman animation.

I would love to appear at a mission door on a motorcycle like the Thugs Tanker 🙂

Only problem is that I don't think they have animations already made for characters to do that.  Like, there's pre-built coding for a player-generated figure to use the Lightning Rod animation, but the code for something coming out of a Robot Henchman crate only exists wrt a robot henchman, it's not adjustable for other figures to pop out of the crate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Menelruin said:

Only problem is that I don't think they have animations already made for characters to do that.  Like, there's pre-built coding for a player-generated figure to use the Lightning Rod animation, but the code for something coming out of a Robot Henchman crate only exists wrt a robot henchman, it's not adjustable for other figures to pop out of the crate. 

Robot animations in particular use a different skeleton from the default "human" shape that player characters and most NPCs work off of.  Beasts use the (somewhat kludgy) quadruped skeleton.  Not sure about demons.

IIRC thug, necro, ninja, and merc henchmen all use the human skeleton.

• Thumbs Up 2