4 Man 4-Star ITF, Alpha Only, Enemies Buffed, No Inspirations Cleared

Biosphere

Romulus First Phase

Romulus Second Phase

aswM4yF.png

IYapZBh.png

The timer was long because we couldn't complete it in all one sitting due to time schedules. Traps was absolutely essential in order to stop the regeneration for the final phase. Personally satisfied with this victory as a testament to the strength of Martial Arts.

Team Comp:

Invuln/Ice Tanker
Emp/Sonic Defender
Ice/Traps Corruptor
Martial Arts/Dark Scrapper

GG!

#NoWakes

Edited by Biosphere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 14

I forgot to mention but shout outs to @Cobalt Arachne and the rest of the team who worked on ITF Hard Mode. The Romulus fight I thought was a big step up from the Vanguard Bonus Boss. It felt rewarding to strategize around the new mechanics and his added power level with our comp.

Looking forward to future boss fights and TFs along this variety. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

incredible - pure talent

did you guys use voice chat or furious typing?

We used voice chat. The links in my first post are the twitch highlights of the Romulus fight, and you can hear us in them. If it's low you might have to turn up the volume.

Voice chat was essential for being able to coordinate things like purposeful deaths, vengeance refresh, Traps summon locations, and power drops like Unstoppable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

incredible - pure talent

did you guys use voice chat or furious typing?

It was necessary for coordination; first phase was an absolute pain. We're pretty in-tune with each other when we play outside of preferences, so sometimes communication isn't even a forethought. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Biosphere said:

I forgot to mention but shout outs to @Cobalt Arachne and the rest of the team who worked on ITF Hard Mode. The Romulus fight I thought was a big step up from the Vanguard Bonus Boss. It felt rewarding to strategize around the new mechanics and his added power level with our comp.

Looking forward to future boss fights and TFs along this variety. 

Agreed, although Romulus' bonus mechanics in phase 2 were somewhat underwhelming. We adapted to Lores and Barrier the first time we ever encountered them. It was a pleasure to have to coordinate around something the boss was doing. Vanguard Bonus Boss was a little bit too much like an Architect encounter, but Romulus actually had surprises as the fight progressed. I think my biggest issue with the fight was how Phase 2 felt easier than Phase 1. I know the Void bombs were meant to present a unique opportunity to encourage awareness and movement, but I think the scenario needed to evolve as the fight progressed. Barrier was interesting, but felt one dimensional until he dropped Lores. 

This is promising, though; perhaps in the future we'll get a boss fight with sub-objectives similar to the first phase. It was a huge improvement over the Midas fight. Midas, by contrast, presents no direct threat to the team. Romulus is far more threatening even without his tricks. I think Midas definitely needs to be re-visited in the future since it feels heavily unfinished. I'd like to see Romulus get another wave of Lore drops in that last section. If it was manageable as 4 people, that's nowhere near enough for 8. Plus I think you shouldn't be able to leave the boss room once you enter. We completely cheesed the Talon ambush because of this. 

On 10/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, Biosphere said:

Romulus First Phase

Romulus Second Phase

aswM4yF.png

IYapZBh.png

The timer was long because we couldn't complete it in all one sitting due to time schedules. Traps was absolutely essential in order to stop the regeneration for the final phase. Personally satisfied with this victory as a testament to the strength of Martial Arts.

Team Comp:

Invuln/Ice Tanker
Emp/Sonic Defender
Ice/Traps Corruptor
Martial Arts/Dark Scrapper

GG!

#NoWakes

Is there a benefit to running with enemies buffed, like more xp or influence earned?  Or is it solely for the challenge aspect?  

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

They did say they had to split it up due to time constraints.

31 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

Is there a benefit to running with enemies buffed, like more xp or influence earned?  Or is it solely for the challenge aspect?  

Challenge.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

6 hours ago, Sneakers said:

Quite a split.

You get more aether also I think.

As was explained by a few people the team is in all in different time zones so we couldn't do it all in one sitting. That meant there was sometimes a whole day with only an hour or two that maybe we could group up. The timer for the taskforce is real time rather than actual time spent playing. 

6 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

In this case it's meant to increase the challenge, not for additional rewards. Although you can run the setting during things like flashback arcs or the taskforce to get a badge.

6 hours ago, Sneakers said:

It's a 4 star ITF right ? Or your saying there are other settings when you select 4 star ITF which don't effect the rewards?

As far as I understand it the only setting which affects the number of Aether you get is the star setting that you choose. It would be awesome if you could get more depending on how many additional settings you use though.