Enviromental Events in the game

KingCeddd03

I was thinking much like Dc universe online to have outdoor events. We may have two such events, one in Bricktown and one in kings' row, but I think I speak for most when I say there should be more. 

Hero Side:

1. Talos Flooding:

I was thinking there should be an event on Talos island, I was thinking it would be an upcoming villain who escaped zig, who is making it storm all the time to flood the island and a league of heroes would have to stop them.

2. Demon Rampage: 

Another could happen in croatoa where a magic villain summoned a legion of demons this villain could have a new power arcane blast it will be an introduction to the power and use. same as the talos mission you need a league to stop them.

3. Arachnos comes to control:

this will involve the whole roster of arachnos AV'S, in which any of them will spawn in a group of 6 and they will be random. this will happen on peregrine island, this will be a major event where arachnos is trying to take over the island so they can make it their personal base.

Villian Side:

1. Gold Takeover:

Simply the Gold Brickers are trying to take aeon corp whos going to stop them?

2 Nerva War:

While arachnos and longbow fight it out defeat three random Heros for a badge 

3. Hero Tour:

Regent Korol Has picked up a hero plot of 24 of paragon city's finest heroes is on a villain crackdown tour and one of their stops is Grandville, they plan to make landfall near the gutter (north ward) those who are bad enough should stop them.

these are just some ideas.

• Thumbs Down 5

Neither the Brickstown Zig Prisoner Escape nor the King's Row Monster Construction requires a league to clear. Neither even really needs a team to clear depending on the character.

Demon Rampage: Demons aren't part of the struggle in Croatoa. And Croatoa already has its event. The war between the Tuatha and the Firbolg. Jack in Irons and Eochai spawn and lumber north to smash each other. Players need to clear the fighting factions at the war site and then deal with Jack and Eochai.

Also, I am still as opposed to your Arcane Blast as before. Trying to slip it in under a new post does not change my mind. For the same reasons discussed on the previous thread about it.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "Monster".
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Neither the Brickstown Zig Prisoner Escape nor the King's Row Monster Construction requires a league to clear. Neither even really needs a team to clear depending on the character.

Demon Rampage: Demons aren't part of the struggle in Croatoa. And Croatoa already has its event. The war between the Tuatha and the Firbolg. Jack in Irons and Eochai spawn and lumber north to smash each other. Players need to clear the fighting factions at the war site and then deal with Jack and Eochai.

Also, I am still as opposed to your Arcane Blast as before. Trying to slip it in under a new post does not change my mind. For the same reasons discussed on the previous thread about it.

and @Rudra these are added ideas for higher level events 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

1. Talos Flooding:

I was thinking there should be an event on Talos island, I was thinking it would be an upcoming villain who escaped zig, who is making it storm all the time to flood the island

Game isn't set up to have this sort of thing happen.

2. Demon Rampage: 

Another could happen in croatoa where a magic villain summoned a legion of demons this villain could have a new power arcane blast it will be an introduction to the power and use.

Croatoa is more known for the Red Caps, Tuatha, Fir Bolg, and Cabal - demons wouldn't make sense.

1. Gold Takeover:

Simply the Gold Brickers are trying to take aeon corp whos going to stop them?

Story wise, the Gold Brickers are on the run after the death of Midas (as per the Aeon SF)

Just my 2cents.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

- The portals in PI seem like an easy event. Taken over by those possessed scientists. We have to beat 100, find where they've built an extra portal to summon a demon or something, we go into a building, fight more CoT, then the big bag demon. Full team suggested, but scales so can solo. Similar style to this: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Syndicate_Takedown
- A DE invasion from Eden into FF would be fun. Happens as a retaliation after completion of the Eden trial.
- If Johnny Sonata's arc didn't cover it, I'd say a Wailers/obelisk event in St Martial would be fun (one of my fav groups to fight)
- An event where, for Dr Aeon, you stop the Luddies from inadvertently destroying the PTS and unleashing Bat Zul

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

8 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

Game isn't set up to have this sort of thing happen.

Croatoa is more known for the Red Caps, Tuatha, Fir Bolg, and Cabal - demons wouldn't make sense.

Story wise, the Gold Brickers are on the run after the death of Midas (as per the Aeon SF)

Just my 2cents.

@Shadeknight yea agree but things can change like how they removed statesman and sister psyche and zones were changed to fit the now not the past.

• Thumbs Down 8

You need to balance zone events with individual player's need to be able to use a zone for normal content/missions.  I could see something like periodic invasions of Coralax along the Talos island beaches, (maybe even being led by Captain Mako himself), but trying to flood the zone would be too much.  Similarly, maybe Scirocco and his Mu Mystics could battle some CoT in Perez park or something, but again, keep it localized.  Too many events going on at the same time only serve to thin the playerbase and interest in these events quickly wanes...

• Thumbs Up 8

5 hours ago, biostem said:

You need to balance zone events with individual player's need to be able to use a zone for normal content/missions.  I could see something like periodic invasions of Coralax along the Talos island beaches, (maybe even being led by Captain Mako himself), but trying to flood the zone would be too much.  Similarly, maybe Scirocco and his Mu Mystics could battle some CoT in Perez park or something, but again, keep it localized.  Too many events going on at the same time only serve to thin the playerbase and interest in these events quickly wanes...

How so ?

5 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

How so ?

Do you mean "how so" in terms of the specific method by which one would balance zone events against the need for people to be able to access regular mission doors and such, or in the sense of why would such balancing be necessary at all?

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Do you mean "how so" in terms of the specific method by which one would balance zone events against the need for people to be able to access regular mission doors and such, or in the sense of why would such balancing be necessary at all?

Too many events going on at the same time only serve to thin the playerbase and interest in these events quickly wanes...

11 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Too many events going on at the same time only serve to thin the playerbase and interest in these events quickly wanes...

Look at things like alerts about the ghost ship or the zombie invasions - how much interest do you observe with people forming teams to participate in these, (outside of PI, in which people are already trick-or-treating).  If an event is semi-rare and rewarding, you'll get lots of interest.  If they are happening all the time, people will generally skip them, (maybe only doing it once to get any associated badges).

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok, so on its face, this suggestion "add more zone events" isn't terrible. It's just under-developed, which is why you're getting such a lukewarm response @KingCeddd03. It's great that you want to improve a game you enjoy playing, but they'd like you to spend a little time developing your suggestions and explaining the intentions behind them so that even if something is flawed people can still see your logic and support your idea.

So, let's twist this a little. Instead of looking for a general but vague suggestion like "add more zone events," let's try something specific: What could we do to one of the current zone events to make people more likely to engage with it?

Let's look at the Troll Rave and specific ways we could make it better. Right now, the Troll Rave gets pretty much no action unless someone just happens to be passing by or is hunting for a badge. It's really got 3 major problems:

- 1) It's in the ass-end of Skyway, a big zone that sees little traffic.

- 2) Just knowing its happening doesn't tell you *where* it's happening, so you could spend the entire duration of the troll wave searching for it.

- 3) a level 50 blaster can solo the whole thing in a few minutes so even if you do want to do the Troll Rave when it's level appropriate there's a good chance it'll be cleared before you get to fight anything.

Now, we could just make the Troll Rave zone-wide to try to force participation from everyone in the zone, but that would be disruptive. What happens if someone's doing Numinas and needs to hunt 50 Lost in Skyway or whatever? Sorry, all the spawns are Supa Trolls for 10 minutes, no PB on the Numina Speedrun for you today. So we'll throw that idea out.

Improved Troll Rave

1) Problem #3's the easiest to fix so we'll start there: Make all mobs associated with the Troll Rave level-agnostic like the Clockwork from the Paladin Construction or the other invasion events so they always count as +0 bosses. This alone would help with interest because a Troll Rave would always be a source of XP/Inf (and boss XP/Inf at that!) instead of just a free badge for a passing 50.

2) When a Troll Rave begins or when someone zones into Skyway while the Troll Rave is active, they should get a map thumbtack pointing them to the Rave unless they've got a manual thumbtack placed. That way players can head straight to the Troll Rave and don't have to try to figure out which of the (three? four?) places it spawns is actually active.

3) Break the Troll Rave into 3 waves. Wave 1 is functionally the same as it is now, with Supa Troll bosses spawning in large groups. If nothing is killing the trolls, the rave despawns on its normal timer. But if something kills enough of the Wave 1 Trolls (and this should be a kill counter rather than a timer) Wave 2 begins.

In Wave 2, Elite Supa Troll Elite Bosses should begin to spawn. Maybe 1-2 in a pack of Troll Bosses, with a badge reward for killing say... 15-20 of them. This encourages people to team up to take them down, and when enough Elite Supa Trolls have fallen Wave 3 begins.

Wave 3 is functionally identical to Wave 2, except now the Trolls friends/rivals have taken notice. Either the Freakshow, the Outcasts, the Lost, or the Warriors show up in force with a boss rush of their own. So Freak Tanks, Warrior Bosses, Anathema, or Lead Outcasts. This gives players a way to farm some of the less-common midlevel group bosses but there's a twist. Because they can't take on the Supa Trolls directly, in Wave 3 the newly-arrived rivals will bring along a Giant Monster.

- The Lost can bring along the Kraken

- The Warriors could bring a monster-ized version of a Cimeroran Cyclops (name it Polyphemus and up its size by 20%!)

- The Outcasts can bring a hijacked Babbage (with Lead Shockers puppeting it, beat them and it goes rogue and attacks everyone!)

- The Freakshow are the hardest but I'm amused by the idea of them bringing a Clockwork Paladin with a Freakshow Tank poking out where its head would be. Alternatively, we could finally get the Freakshow Tank Centcar the Freaks keep threatening. Alternatively they can just steal the same idea as the Outcast GM and have a bunch of Super-Stunners puppeting the Paladin (with the same results as the Outcasts version for beating all of the controlling Super Stunners) until a better idea comes along.

image.png.d1726395a6a38d174ecc7380a9ec8ee7.png

Tie a badge to defeating any of the giant monsters (or if you want to get cheeky and frustrate the badge hunters tie a badge to each unique giant monster) and you've got yourself a more entertaining Troll Rave that now:

- Gives experience to everyone

- Has reward merits on completion (tied to the defeat of the giant monster)

- Lets people farm "defeat bosses" badges for a few of the mid-level villain groups

- Gives groups like the Outcasts, Lost, and Warriors a little moment in the spotlight while also letting them show off their rivalry with the Trolls (or just their love for mayhem if the Freakshow show up).

4) Give players a way to trigger a Troll Rave. I suggest tying it to Clamor's defeat at the end of Penelope Yin's task force. The Trolls are so happy Clamor's going to prison again they get krunk on Mr. Bocor's Mercy Island Water and party down.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

2) When a Troll Rave begins or when someone zones into Skyway while the Troll Rave is active, they should get a map thumbtack pointing them to the Rave unless they've got a manual thumbtack placed. That way players can head straight to the Troll Rave and don't have to try to figure out which of the (three? four?) places it spawns is actually active.

It has 3 spawn locations, and I could have sworn it does post a waypoint marker on the map when it starts. You have to open the map and click the red star marker, but it should be there. Or am I getting mixed up with the Steel Canyon Fires?

Edit: About the only change I would make to the Troll Rave is to make the Supas and raving Trolls levelless so players that want the badge don't start the rave and suddenly everything dies because a 50 popped in, refuses to team with you, and just nukes everything constantly until the rave ends.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The Trolls dammed the Red River in the Hollows. Ostensibly to flood the zone. Which would also flood/destroy their Troll Tunnels, so not exactly an intelligent action on their part.

I mean... that's kind of in line with the kind of behavior I'd expect from them, though.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1